10 Reasons You Definitely Should NOT Vote This Election Season, No Matter What You Do

Long live our cheeto overlord.

1407

It is the end of October, which means election season is coming right around the corner for those individuals over 18 in the U.S. The first Tuesday after November 1st is the day of reckoning, the moment of truth. It is election day and let me tell you, this is definitely one you should sit out. Voting is not your civic duty or anything, so why bother?

I know you are thinking at least one of these, and believe me, you are not alone. There are many more valid excuses reasons out there, but these are the best reasons not to vote this November.

1. I do not know anything about politics

It's just like when I didn't get my driver's license because I did not know how to drive. And just like how I never went to school. Why bother trying anything if I do not understand it?

2. I am only one person, my vote doesn't matter anyway

Nobody's vote matters. Heck, if nobody even turned up to the polls, someone would still win. It is completely out of my hands.

3. President Tiny Hands is doing a great job, IMO

Have you heard the man hiss? Absolute genius, that guy.

4. I don't "do politics"

Politics just ... aren't my thing.

5. I don't like the people running

Both candidates suck, so what is the point in picking?

6. I don't know how to registered to vote

They really should have taught us more in high school.

7. I don't want jury duty, so I just won't ever register

Jury duty is the worst thing that could happen to me, and I really cannot afford to risk that.

8. Voting is a right, not an obligation

This is a free country. If I do not want to vote, I don't have to.

9. I think voting is a waste of my time

Taking five whole minutes to fill in circles on a ballot? Definitely too much effort.

10. I just don't care

It doesn't matter to me who wins or loses. It's all the same to me.

Okay, okay, the gig is up. Any of these excuses are total b.s., and there are plenty more where they came from. There is no reason not to vote. Voting is easy, registering is easy, requesting an absentee ballot is easy.

Sure, you might think the results of the election will not impact you, but reality is a far cry from that simple oversight. For many, the results of this election are a matter of self-preservation, identity, self, future, and existence. You owe it to yourself, to your friends and family, to the future generations to vote.

Elections are November 6th! Spread the word!

Not sure where to go to vote? Click here!