My Belief That Everything Happens For A Reason Has Helped Ease My Nerves When Making Big Life Decisions

No one said that making big decisions would be easy, but in the long run, we are lucky if we get to make decisions at all!

8
woman in white sweater reading book

In today's world, there can be a lot of uncertainty and instability in the way we feel, act, and encounter all types of situations in our everyday lives. When times are tough and our backs are up against a wall, many of us make rash decisions that sometimes work out and other times do not.

Personally, I have a strong belief in my Christian faith and have always had my spiritual life to grasp onto as a stronghold for everything I do.

I live by a few guiding principles, and occasionally have to remind myself of them when times get tough. The first of these being that everything happens for a reason. I believe that, in accordance with God's will, all good and bad things that may come my way are meant to bring me closer to God and have an impact on my life and actions. Often times, these are known as wake up calls. I do not necessarily believe in the idea of a coincidence, as I think that everything is purposeful and meant to happen for a particular reason.

At the end of the day, making life decisions as an eighteen year old in college is scary.

The idea of graduating college and having many options can be just as scary as graduating with no options, if not more intimidating. Personally, I am going to be just barely twenty years old when I graduate college. This is a crazy thought, especially because this means I have to start considering what I would like to do after graduation in terms of graduate school.

To wrap this all up, it is important to remember that everything is going to be alright, and whatever happens, it will be for a reason. I have decided that it is going to be my mission to attempt to block the unnecessary stresses. Regardless, my belief that everything will happen for a greater purpose aids me in giving those "big life decision" worries to God.