Make America UNITED, Again

Make America UNITED, Again

If you want to make a difference, start with you.

300
Make America UNITED, Again
Euclid Public Library

We are the United States of America, right? If we are supposed to be UNITED, then why are we so divided? It's always Hispanic versus American, black versus white, male versus female, and soon enough, it is going to be cat versus dog. Why are we always so against each other, rather than with each other? Don't you think the world would run a lot smoother if we actually were untied? Right now, we are looking like the "Separated States of America."

Why do we fight against each other, rather than with each other? We feel the need to belittle people based on their thoughts, skin, culture, etc. White lives are not better than black lives. Black lives are not better than white lives. Men are not better than women. Women are not better than men. Americans are not better than Hispanics. Hispanics are not better than Americans. No one is better than the other. I don't care what color you are, how wealthy you are, what you look like, or what you like. Respect each other and fight with each other, not against each other.

If you want things to get better, start with yourself. Be less judgmental of others. Understand that people have different opinions than you do, and accept that! I am a big dog person, but I understand that some of my friends are big cat people. I only used that scenario because I do not want to place my opinions and views on you. I am respectful of my friends and family and all of their opinions. Sure, I do not agree with many of them, but I respect that they believe something different than I do.

If you want to become the UNITED States of America, again, make yourself united with those around you. Respect others. Respect those of higher authority and respect those of lesser authority.

God Bless America.