So You Made It To College. Now What?

So You Made It To College. Now What?

This is for you, freshmen.

6
So You Made It To College. Now What?
Huffington Post

Congratulations! You've survived your first, maybe second week as an official college student. How does it feel? If you said "stressful," "horrible," "I feel like I'm dying," or all of the above, then hooray! You definitely are a college student. Being a student at university is difficult not only due to the fact that you're in new and unfamiliar environment, but also because you have to tackle the daunting task of getting to know your peers as well as yourself along with, you know, passing your classes. If you've found yourself struggling trying to figure out what to do with yourself now that you've reached college, here's a little help:

1. Call your parents.

You may be thinking "oh my gosh, that's so lame," but I guarantee you they're having a way tougher time with the college transition than you are. You wont be considered a loser for contacting your family, trust me.

2. Remember: You don't have to have your major figured out the first, second, or even third year that you're in college.

3. You're not the only one that's clueless.

Everyone is new to this, so don't judge others when they seem to be struggling. As John 8:7 said, "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

4. Treat yourself to a dinner out with friends occasionally.

Not every meal has to consist of Ramen noodles, tap water and tears.

5. Visit an animal shelter to de-stress.

6. Don't be afraid to cry. You won't be the only one that has weekly breakdowns.

7. Take advantage of all of the free stuff your university has to offer.

8. Netflix is your friend, but remember that you're not at college to binge-watch that new series.

9. Money is your friend. Save it, earn it, spend it wisely.

10. Don't be anywhere you're not supposed to.

Our boy Harambe didn't die for you to be an idiot.

A few tips and tricks to remind you that although college is hard, it doesn't have to be so difficult that you can't function. Getting here was half the work! Don't worry, we're all stressed out and internally screaming, so get used to it. Welcome to college life, kids! This is going to be fun.