Mac vs. Windows

Mac vs. Windows

I am ending the debate.

184
Mac vs. Windows
fbdigital

To begin, I am not the most tech savvy person in the entire world, but a lot of people I know are VERY tech savvy, so this is more of what they have educated me with and what I choose to believe in.

Here we go. It is 2018, the age of choices and easy internet access. You can take a step in just about any stores that sells electronics and see a plethora of different computer brands, models and operating systems. Because of these choices has come the giant debate… Windows or Mac?

When it comes to this debate it is often settled as, there are two different kinds of people: those who have a Dell or HP computer, and those who have their Macs. Although these computers are sometimes comparable in size, speeds and colors, there is one very big difference. Has anyone ever thought maybe these types of computers have different types of purposes?

According to many tech savvy people, Windows works better for things that you are doing like math and science and gaming. These Windows computers are able to run the softwares well without any real issue and have the possibility for optimized customization. But, compared to Windows, Macs are very good for graphics and video editing and anything fast-paced but not gaming. Apple is very open in their advertisements about how their computers are fast and thin, but in reality, there are some things macs are just not good for.

Let’s take for example, video editing (I am a cinema major so I have used multiple softwares on multiple computers). On Windows editing is very difficult. You will be in the program for a while, until the error message randomly pops up while you are in the middle of splitting a clip. At this point you panic, pray that it saved, and wait for it to come back up on the screen. When it comes to Mac, they just run the software smoother for editing, you can be on the software for hours and have no issues (usually). This is why I purchased a Mac for college, they work well for editing and last longer because they don’t exhaust themselves by not being able to run these programs efficiently. For me personally, Mac is better for what I am doing, so that is why I have my Mac.

In reality the war between Mac and Windows needs to be settled in this way, different types of computers work more efficiently for different things. Therefore, If you want to graph multiple calculous expressions on a daily basis without any worries, a Windows computer may be the one for you. But, If you want to have seamless editing and quick video rendering, Mac may be the way for you.

In the end, the choice is really up to you. There are many different kinds of computers, different options (touch screen vs not), different softwares and different speeds. For the perfect fit for you, a lot of thought should be put into what you are buying and which will be the best for you.