Love Is The Ultimate Hero

Love Is The Ultimate Hero

There isn't a Superman with Lois Lane.

9
Love Is The Ultimate Hero
giphy.com

Love can make you do crazy things. Everything comes with it including happiness, anger sadness. It's enough to drive a human insane. What about a superhero? A vigilante? A villain?

Loving someone is enough motivation. Love is so powerful that it can determine a hero's willingness to continue to sacrifice their lives. For example, Barry Allen wanted to quit being The Flash until he sped through time and saw that he is raising a family with Iris West. She was enough motivation for him to keep protecting Central City. It's these moments that show that even when you want to give up, you have to keep going to protect the ones you love.

Even vigilantes, such as Batman, go through this. Batman has been through many emotional traumatic experiences in his life, that he refuses to let anyone in romantically. That is until he meets Selina Kyle who is the infamous Cat Woman. Selina has been traumatized as a child as well. She truly understands Bruce's pain. This allows them each to gain control of their lives and give in to their emotions. Bruce even told Selina in Batman Incorporated that she is one of the few people he trusted. However, in this case, Bruce puts his personal feelings aside and keeps his focus on his mission. Even without a significant other, Bruce finds compassion in his Robin, and protecting Gotham.

Lois Lane. Iris West. Selina Kyle. Dinah Laurel Lance. Kendra Sanders.

Every single one of these women are an example of how important they are to our beloved superheroes and vigilantes. They provide human emotion behind these characters. They help keep their beloveds sane with all the madness that goes on in their lives. Lois Lane does not care that Clark's really Superman. She would put herself in harm's way continuously to make sure the right actions are done. Superman fell in love with her because Lois is the kind of person he wishes he was. It's why they work. Without her, Superman would have a huge hole in his humanity. He'll just be another superhero.

When we see these women, don't think of them as a significant other. See them as a key grip. They are the real heroes. Even if a majority of them don't have superpowers, they are powerful enough on their own.