What I Love About College

What I Love About College

College: what I put most of my time, money, and energy into. Here's why.

5
What I Love About College
Hannah Clements

I’m a sophomore at Anderson University. At this point in my college experience, I’m excited about pursuing my dream career but also slightly nervous and not too excited about leaving college, even though graduation is two years away. I would probably stay in college for another 10 years if it wasn’t so expensive and that wouldn’t be weird. College is so much fun. Sometimes even the crazy amounts of studying, tests, and homework is fun too. Sometimes. Here are some things that I love the most about college:

I love that I get to live with my friends. I wouldn’t trade the movie nights, late night talks or Target runs for anything. We share a special bond, partly over killing spiders at 1 AM and eating way too much food, but nevertheless, our bond is very special that I don't share with anyone else. Chances are if you see one of us around campus, another suitemate isn’t too far off.

I love that I’m learning about stuff that I love. I’m so thankful for the opportunity to study what I love at a place that I love. Most of my classes are really interesting, and although they take a lot of work, I actually love them and learning about all of the material. I also know that what I'm doing now is preparing me for the real world and that all of my hard work will pay off. I can already see that when I work really hard studying for a test and I get a good grade on it, and I love the good feeling that comes with it.

I love the community at school. My school is constantly putting on events and getting people together. The atmosphere is like no other. It's great.

I love doing all the fun things with my friends and not worrying about anything. I also love eating what I want, when I want, because I’m not old and worried about my health status yet. Which is probably not a good thing. I do eat healthy sometimes, but honestly, I don't have the time to worry about it that much now.

I love meeting new people. It seems like I meet someone new at college every day. I love getting to know more people and learning about different people's life. It's always good and fun to make new friends.

I love being young. Birthdays aren't as fun as they used to be. Now, the reality of getting older is actually setting in and I'm realizing that I won't be a young adult for much longer. I'm not quite sure how I feel about that yet because being young is just fun.

I love knowing that the memories and friends I make here will last a lifetime. I love looking at all of my pictures and thinking that I can't wait to tell my kids about these people and this story one day. All in all, I'm in love with my life at college and I highly recommend it.