Lorde's 'Green Light' Is Everything And More

Oh, I wish I could get my things and just let go I'm waiting for it, that green light, I want it.

11
directlyrics.com

Lorde. The diamond that hails from New Zealand to bring us all amazing music. Known for her song "Royals" that came out in 2013 and other edgy dark songs, dropped a new song late last week. This new song "Green Light" may appear to some as a Great Gatsby reference, but it is so much more than that.

This new song was produced by both Lorde and Jack Antonoff (former Fun. member and leader of The Bleachers). It is something that many people wouldn't see Lorde singing. It starts off as an EDM mix that she might have previously recorded, but it shouts so much more than that.

There are so many elements that you get to hear. It starts with a simple piano ballad, then progresses to a house rev-up, and is meshed together with a shoutalong chorus that will be stuck in everyone's heads. The dark drum beats and peppy piano mesh so well together. It is mind blowing.

The song takes place post relationship breakup. It takes you on a journey to singledom and all the things in between. There are lines that take a punch and your ex's new guy/girl, and all the things they are lying about to their new person. The "Green Light" is meant to represent the ability to move on from what was and keep your head up. It is upbeat, catchy, and the music video is also incredibly flawless. Jack Antonoff also makes an appearance in the video (he is the guy in the bathroom playing the piano).

I give it a full 10 out of 10 and recommend that everyone take a listen to it. Check out the music video below!