No Matter The Distance These Are The Friendships That Will Last A Lifetime

Long distance friendships and relationships can be really hard but not all of it is as bad as it sounds.

25
Peyton Davis

I have had plenty of long distance friendships in my life. I go to school out of state so many of my friends are either back home or are constantly from all over the United States. I have also lived in three different states including Illinois, Florida and Kentucky. I have met so many great people who even live round4 the world. It can be hard to have long distance friendships. You never know when you will see your friends again. It can even get hard to keep in contact when you have totally different lives across the country from each other. Even though long distance relationships can seem emotionally hard they are so worth it and can actually have some positives.

The friends I made when I lived and worked in Florida are friends for life. We live in four different states right now and sometimes get to see each other once a year. However, even though this is hard sometimes we have done our best to talk as much as possible. I always look forward to my FaceTime calls and random Snapchats and text messages. These girls make me more grateful for the moments I do get to hear and see them. Our long distance friendship makes it possible for us to be able to travel to see each other. I get to experience their own cities and towns. We get to see new places together and show off pour favorite places together. Our long distance friendship although hard on sometimes when I just want a hug and squeeze them makes it possible that I get to have such a special relationship with them because we have to cherish all the time we do have together rather than the moments we don't have together.

Being an out of state student also means I often have friends who are back near my hometown that I am constantly leaving to go to school and even friends at school that I leave to go back home. It can be hard to have people that I often may only see a few times a year due to these complications. I can even go up to a year without seeing some people. I do my best to stay in contact with as many of my friends as possible but it gets difficult. Everyone has there own things going on so it just becomes hard to communicate. I have found that the friends I have in my life are life long friends because they understand that I can be busy and sometimes they will not hear from me for a while. They know though that if they need something from me I will always be there for them and answer. These are true friends because they get life can be hard and communicating can be hard but that our friendship is better than having to constantly be on call with each other.

I am so thankful for my many long distance friendships. I am grateful that they show me what true friendship is for. No matter the distance, these are friends who will go to the end of the earth for me. These are friends who will fly across the country to see and be with me. These are friends are one that know even on the days we do not talk we are here for each other and will always drop things to be there for each other. I love my long distance friendships even not the days when it feels like forever till we will be together again.