The Long-Awaited Return Of Sense8

The Long-Awaited Return Of Sense8

With plenty of giddy joy, laughs, tears and internal shouting, the second season of the Netflix sci-fi series gave fans all the feels.

50
The Long-Awaited Return Of Sense8
EW / Netflix

Back in December, after numerous teasers, Netflix dropped the two-hour Christmas special of "Sense8," labelled as the first episode of the long-awaited second season. "Sense8" fans were once again filled with hope, excitement and love for their cherished sensates. On May 5th, 2017, nearly two years after the release of the first season, the remaining 10 episodes of season 2 were finally released. After receiving a taste of the drama and arising tension in the Christmas special, season 2 definitely exceeded my expectations. With the sensates getting closer and closer to finding Whispers, the stakes have heightened and they are undoubtedly pushed into more life-threatening situations. The eight main characters also receive more character development, with critical emotional depth, as they experience more pain, guilt, regret, sorrow and even simultaneous torture. But, together they also experience the power of teamwork and the love of family.

Filmed on a global scale, the show explores the relationship between empathy and human connection, with eight amazing characters whom fans root for. With evolving relationships in season 2, the sensates reach new lengths within their own cluster, which fans, like myself, were very happy to see. The sensate universe also further expands in this season, as we finally meet other sensates, including another cluster who chooses the wrong side of the war.

After binge-watching all 10 episodes, here are 10 noteworthy quotes from the exceptional second season of "Sense8."

1. "Labels are the opposite of understanding." - Nomi

2. "It takes courage to remember that this is a world where our dreams, like our grandmothers’, do come true." - Capheus

3. "We are taught to smile and to pretend all are equally important to us. But our heart always knows the truth." - Kala's father

4. "It takes courage to see such terrible things happen and still get up every day, and be able to see what is still beautiful." - Capheus

5. "Your life is either defined by the system, or by the way you defy the system." - Nomi

6. "I sometimes forget that life's not just full of surprises; it's also full of gifts." - Capheus

7. "There’s nothing more frightening than having a dream come true." - Hernando

8. "Feelings and emotions can overwhelm our logic, and at the same time, logic can ruin the emotions that make life worth living." - Kala

9. "Love is a bridge, and not a wall, if we let it be." - Capheus

10. "Nothing good ever happens when people care more about our differences than the things we share in common." - Capheus

Bonus: "Are you serious?! My sister is the fucking Terminator!?" - Joong-Ki