Local Bands Perform At The Wired Goat Cafe Vista

An evening of awesome music and delicious coffee.

14
Foursquare

This week, I went on an adventure to a cute little town in Columbia, SC, to support some local bands and take pictures. Walking around town before the show, I felt like I was at the beach, which is always a good thing. We were trying to get people walking around to come to the show, but we couldn't find many people that looked like they would enjoy the alternative rock scene. The tropical feel and classy shops attracted flocks of basic white girls who were running rampant in the streets. In fact, so many of the girls looked the same, that one girl called a name at me that wasn't mine, and when I turned around they said never mind and continued to get in their car. Does this mean I look like a basic white girl? If so I might want to reconsider how I present myself in public. I was wearing a red romper with a Paisley-esque design, my eyes were hiding behind floral reflect-y shades, and my hair was in braided pigtails. But despite my possible basic white girl appearance, personality and attitude are more important when labeling someone as a stereotype. I'm way too quirky to be a basic white girl.

The musical action all took place in a little coffee shop called The Wired Goat Cafe Vista.

When you walk in the shop, you see college girls everywhere wearing oversized t-shirts and gym shorts, working on their Macs and gossiping about the last episode of Grey's Anatomy. Despite the deceptive name, sadly there are no goats to be seen here. They should rename it Wired College Girls.

Walk down the rustic wooden stairs, and you'll find yourself in a music venue where local bands come to play shows. The atmosphere is nifty, and there are pretty velvet couches to sit on. The brick walls and metal ceiling make it a receptionless oven, but that doesn't keep everyone from having a blast! These events are great for meeting people, networking, and having a good old time listening to some awesome music.

Lowell Hobbs performs solo because the rest of his band died in a tragic water polo accident.

Not only is The Wired Goat a wonderful music venue, but their drinks are amazing! I ordered a Soy Matcha Latte, which was green and delicious. If you order your drink "for here" they serve it in a homey mug. They even made a little heart in the foam! Everyone liked what they ordered there and the service was exceptional and friendly.

yum yum tasty latte made with love

If you are looking for a cool place to chill and catch rad local music acts, check out Wired Goat Vista. If you are looking for some goats to pet, check out River Banks Zoo & Garden.

The show was hosted by the band When I Say Jump. Here is their Bandcamp: https://whenisayjump.bandcamp.com/

The bands who performed the time I went were:

Tongues of Fire (solo): https://tonguesofire.bandcamp.com/

Jonah Canepa: https://jonahcanepa.bandcamp.com/album/barriers-and-barricades-2

John Mullins: https://johnmullins.bandcamp.com/

State of Mind: https://www.facebook.com/pg/stateofmindsc/posts/?r...

Here is the event page for those curious souls.