Live Your Life For What It Is - Not What You Wish It Was

This is the reminder you need to be thankful for everything you have in life.

4
https://unsplash.com/photos/5d20kdvFCfA

I know you may think that you have your life all figured out. You may think you know exactly what you what be when you're all grown or maybe you think that you've found the person you'll spend forever with.

Unfortunately, life isn't always perfect. We change our minds on what we want to do, and we change as we grow on our own and together with someone. No matter how set in stone we may think or want things to be, we just can't make them that way.

We won't always get what we want or what we've pictured for ourselves. That's one thing about life that's hard, our own picture-perfect expectations. We hold this dream life in our heads, and when real life doesn't meet those expectations, we are disappointed, no matter how good our actual life truly is.

Even if we end that relationship we thought would last forever or if we don't get into the college we wanted or get to go on that dream vacation we've been planning since we were ten, we're living a good life.

Count your blessings. This life isn't fair, for anyone. But, it's not getting any easier dwelling on things that didn't go the way we wanted.

There are beautiful things in every single day. There are things to be thankful for every single day. Do not dwell over the one person not in your life, but instead, give thanks to the twenty that make your life what it truly is.

Live your life through love. I know it's hard to overlook the icky part of life, but once you do, you will start living completely differently.

Each day becomes a blessing. Waking up early isn't half bad because seeing the sunrise is beautiful. Spending time on your own becomes a nice time to reflect on the day and give thanks.

There are things that you do daily that you don't realize how lucky you are that you can do them. So, anytime life doesn't quite fill that dream fantasy of yours, think to yourself, "What things in my life are within someone else's dream life?". I promise you, you will become more thankful for everything that you have.