Living Passionately

You Can Live Passionately Without Finding A True Passion

Stop looking for your passion and become it.

1020
https://unsplash.com/photos/k7T_lxeWbUc

Growing up, I always felt pressure to figure out what I was passionate about. I thought that having a passion meant that I was finding something I loved to do, and it would define my character. All throughout elementary school, I remember having conversations about what everyone wanted to be when they grew up - but I never knew.

It was always easy to spot another person's passion if they have one. The dancers, the athletes, the artists, the singers ... you get the idea.

I tried to find "my passion" in so many things, but nothing was uncontrollably stimulating. I never found myself investing my full potential into any hobby.

The misconception was believing that I had to pick something to find passion in.

What even is finding a passion? Is my passion the activity that I'm doing or the way I feel when I'm doing it?

I'm going to go with the latter.

I realized that as people grew older, their original passions began to fade. The idea of making a living from the thing they were most passionate about didn't seem realistic anymore. And in an instant, that time in their life was gone. All that was left was nostalgic memories of the days when they got to live out those moments. And I didn't see that fire anywhere else in them.

How can you fix that? I say: Don't make your passion one thing, make it everything.

Be passionate about yourself and the life you live. Find passion in every action you take. Be passionate about the way you treat yourself, about what you put in your body, about your physical exercise, about your state of mind.

Wake up every day with an intense desire to be your best self, and your life will change. Find passion in competing with the person you were the day before, and believe that every day you will become better.

Dedicate your energy, love, and attention to impressing yourself with the ability you possess to do anything.

How do you do this?

You wake up in the morning, take three deep breaths to open your lungs. Stretch like a cat and feel every inch of your body. Lay back on your pillow and feel grateful for another opportunity to live today.

You cook yourself breakfast like you are both a master chef in "Hell's Kitchen" and Chef Gordon Ramsay, eager to try your masterpiece.

You go to the gym in your favorite workout clothes, grab a fat bottle of water, scream at yourself in the mirror - if that's what you're into - and SWEAT. Be so passionate about your workout that you make the other people in the gym around you want to work out a little harder.

You remind the people in your life how valuable they are to you and how much you appreciate them. Remind the person in the mirror as well.

The trick is to just love everything you do. Love everything you are. Because at the end of every day, no matter what activities you did or what job you worked for, you'll always have yourself.

If there is a specific activity in life you love to do, great! Incorporate that into your routine as often as you want. But let that passion slide into all aspects of your life and into new activities. There is always room to experience new things. You'll be a better person for it.

If anyone can do it, so can you.

Life is too short to limit your passion to just one subject. You're limitless.