Life At Pepperdine Explained By 'New Girl'

Jessica Day and her squad totally get us.

80
Hulu

Whether you’re an off-campus junior, a senior RA in Drescher, an abroad sophomore, or a lowly freshman, everyone knows the struggle. Every Pepperdine OG goes through at least one year of having no kitchen, no college experience, at least one all-nighter, and a whole lot of Sunlife. You live some, you learn some. In honor of the newest season of New Girl coming out and season 4 being added to Netflix just in time to binge watch during the first week of school, I figured everyone could use a good dose of Pepperdine as told through the wise words of Jessica Day and her trusty squad.

1. When you take that first test and you realize you aren’t nearly as smart as you used to think.

2. You get a spot in the easiest music class and it means you pretty much have an automatic A.

3. The moment when your roommate comes back after studying all night.

4. You want to cook something and you don’t have a kitchen.

5. You hear about a party at one of the public universities that got busted for drugs and you’re in bed like:

6. When you’re low-key mad at your roommate but you can’t not talk to them.

7. That one guy in your class that always has the most snobby thing to say.

There’s ALWAYS that guy.

8. Trying to get those young convo credits.

and then getting the last one and...

9. Theres always that one day you just really wish you were home.

10. COM 180 comes around and you have to look professional for a speech but you just really feel old and boring.

11. Something in your dorm breaks and DPS shows up out of nowhere like:

Or they just never show up. There is no in between.

12. Learning to get over your fear of laundry.

13. The end of semester Caf Point Paradox: You either have way too few or WAY too many. Using your friends’ caf points like:

14. Going from the gym to the Communications building is impossible without approximately five breaks.

15. You have been using the stairs as an excuse to eat whatever you want for months.

16. You know someone who is still best friends with their ex.

17. All the fraternity boys are in giant bromances.

18. Trying to cheer your friend up after a really bad test grade.

Maybe just...don't.

19. When you hop on the Pepperdine bandwagon and stop believing in 'casual dating'.

20. You find they best friends you could ever ask for.

There are some great times, there are some hard times, and there are some really stressful times, and all in all you wouldn’t trade it for a king size bed, a full size kitchen, or all the caf points your heart could desire. You make some great friends, you learn what it’s like to live with seven people, and you get really good at climbing staircases in record time.