A Letter To The Girls

A Letter To The Girls

There's all these stigmas behind what a girl should want, why not decide for yourself?

59
A Letter To The Girls

From a young age, girls are bred into this world where there is this ideal woman they are told they need to become. Society turns this woman into a need, as girls succumb to this idea that they are not good enough. That there is an expectation to please society and to become this woman. To become a woman whose goal is to be beautiful. To be gentle and flawless. To be mere perfection and everything that a boy could ever want or dream of. From the way our society is set up, it acts as a tipping point to claim that a girl can only ever truly have a happily ever after if she is with a man.

It can't be said enough, that this is not true. A woman's happiness does not depend on a man. Nor should his happiness depend on her. This idea that to truly live a happily ever after, does not depend upon whether a person has a significant other in the world. This is a letter to the girls in the world who think that they need to have a boy to be happy.

This letter is a reminder that you should be happy with or without one. The key is to be happy with who you are. To be happy with the woman you are and the woman you want to become. So often it is said that women are too picky, or that a woman will find a man eventually. That a woman is this or that, but it never seems to say that it is alright for a woman to be alone.

In a society that can be so extreme stating that you must believe that or if you believe this then you are that. It can be so confusing to deal with one's own values and ethics in the mix. Especially when so many opinions are flooding in from one source or another stating what you should believe or what you should not. That you must have a man or you must not. Why not just listen to yourself? Let your own voice persevere. While it is important to listen to other's opinions, don't let that overtake your own.

It is up to you to decide, which path you wish to take. It is up to you to decide, which direction your life will go. It is up to you to follow your own dreams. It's this realization that women should be happy with themselves and not feel succumbed to the pressures of society. So many days one can walk around and see such long faces that look back at them. Be that one that makes a difference and smile. See life filled with opportunities and the freedom to create your own opinions and views of the world. Don't let the world take you down with it forcing you to succumb to society's pressures. Simply take on every day as the woman you are and the woman you wish to become. This can be with or without a man, but let that choice only be yours to decide.