A Letter To My Freshman Self
Life Stages

A Letter To My Freshman Self

From a wiser senior

123
A Letter To My Freshman Self

Dear Freshman Me,

The first thing I want to tell you is to have fun. You only get to be a freshman in college once, so enjoy it while you can, because trust me, school is only going to get harder. Say yes more than no. Go out and drink, but learn your limits. And eat lots of drunk food, because you only get to use the "freshman 15" as an excuse for gaining weight for so long.

Get as involved as possible. Go to the involvement fair, join lots of clubs, and really take advantage of everything college has to offer. Plus, club meetings often have free food, so when you are broke but really want pizza, it's perfect!

Step out of your comfort zone. Introduce yourself to people in your dorm, and don't be afraid to talk to whoever is sitting next to you in class. This is the time to find your place on campus and make friends that will last you a lifetime. After freshman year, it's harder to do this, because everyone has already made their friend groups, so now's your time.

Call your mom, your family, and your friends from home. Just because you are living it up and in a whole new world, never forget where you came from and the people who helped you get to where you are today. School might get really busy at times, but it's so important to make an effort with the people who really have your back.

And last, but not least, do your school work and study. Yes, you can still party and have a great time, while maintaining a good GPA.

I know there is a lot of pressure for freshman year of college to be the best year of your life. You can do your best to try and make that happen, but you also have a whole future ahead of you, so just do what you can and stay optimistic. There are going to be ups and downs, but whether it's the best year of your life or the worst, it will definitely be one you will never forget!

Lots of love,

Senior Year Me