A Letter of Recognition To The People Who Don't Accomplish It All, But Always Give Their All

When it comes to talent, you have little. When it comes to working hard, you have it all.

4
digitalbloggers

Hey you,

You're frustrated. You're tired. You're upset. You're done. You just don't understand. You put 110 percent into everything you do, but you still feel you are constantly coming up short. Nothing comes easily or naturally to you. You were either given minimal talent or no talent all; all of your accomplishments are the epitome of hard work.

You question why others achieve in minutes what it takes you years to accomplish, and you doubt your actions because they don't seem to be getting you anywhere. Someone is working hard but you are working ten times harder, and yet, you still end up two steps behind their incredible list of accomplishments.

When you get to those days where it doesn't seem worth it to try anymore, step back and remember what I am about to tell you. It's true and I am not going to sugar-coat it. You do have to work hard...all the time. You're the first to arrive and the last to leave. You watch others ease into incredible achievements. You don't eat dessert for months but watch as others feast and not gain a pound. I get it...I do. Why do you bother?

With all of this taken into consideration, I just want to let you know you're wrong. You're what the others come to lack as they get older. They did not master the work ethic like you did. These trials and tribulations are numbered, and pretty soon you will be exactly where you want to be in your life.

Sometimes it takes a little goal reevaluation, a little acceptance, but most importantly, just a little time. You are learning so much more with each minute in early and each hour spent overtime. This life you live molds you into a well-rounded individual. You know exactly how to deal with setbacks and letdowns because you work through them every single day. When there's a brick wall, you bulldoze through it. When there's a problem, you solve it. When talent fails (as it usually does), you succeed.

You're determined. You're strong. You're hardworking. You're ready. You're worth it. It takes time but it will happen. This painful, upsetting battle will turn into an inspiring, joyful journey. Your efforts aren't going unnoticed. Someday, sooner than you think, someone will see your name and picture an individual of value... of authenticity. I can't explain to you why you were dealt this hand in life, but I can assure you it was a blessing. You're learning more than those others. You're actually achieving more than those others, to be honest. In actuality, you're the endless diamond- they're the ceasing gold.

Sincerely,

Your Advocate