A Letter To My Non-Nursing Major Friends

I just wish you fully understood.

253
milkywaytshirts.com

Dear Friends who aren't Nursing Majors,

It's hard for me, but I don't think you fully understand.

I am always stressed and feel the pressure to study, I need to study. My life is very busy and fast paced and I want you to read this letter to fully understand me.

The times when I am free, basically only when I eat, I call that hanging out. When all of us are together, I cherish time with everyone so much because I never get to see anyone. Being how busy I am now I can't sit for three hours to just hang out. That time hanging out could be the three hours between passing or failing my exams. With all this stress if I seem off or grouchy do not take it personal. I have most likely had a very long day of burying my head in textbooks and writing flashcards. I just wish you knew this so when I snap it's not fully personal.

I am always on the go so I can't sit down for a long period of time when I have multiple exams to study for. Don't take it personal if I seem like I am brushing everyone off, but I don't think you fully understand. And I really want you to. I would love to spend more time with everyone, trust me, but I can't put my education on the line. I am that type of student who needs to keep studying over and over again to get a simple topic, and if we are eating together and I seem like I'm ignoring you I am not! I have to study.

I get upset when I try to explain to you but you don't understand. My friends should fully understand how busy and stressed I am and I don't have time to spare. If I had time to spare to relax and things I would. I would love to sit around and just relax. I would love to be there for all the inside jokes and all the times we just die of laughter... but I can't. I have never put my education on the line for anyone and I am not starting that now.

I came to college to get a base for my nursing career, and that comes first. I am sorry if you feel hurt by me not giving you the attention that you want/need but in this case I come first. My career comes first, for once I am being selfish. I will still be there for you, I am still a phone call away. Do not think that you can't talk to me. However, don't try to make me feel guilty for not giving you the time you think you need. Don't make me feel guilt if I have to leave dinner early to go back to my room and study and do work. I shouldn't feel like I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place when it comes to balancing my social life and my work life. If you want to have a weekend to relax and watch movies, I can't do that. Please do not assume I have a lot of free time, because that is not the case! I am a very busy student and I wouldn't want it any other way. I love hanging out with you but I also love my work and I just wish there was a happier medium for you.

Love,

Your Nursing Major Friend.