For College Students Who Love Disney

To All The College Students Who Still Love Disney, Uh, Same

There is no age limit for magic or dreams.

33
https://www.pexels.com

Let me start this off by saying there is nothing repeat nothing wrong with being in your 20's or older and still watch Disney.

As kids, that was a part of our childhood watching Disney movies, collect Disney toys, knowing the words to most of the Disney songs. If you were a true fan of Disney, most Halloween as a kid you dressed as a character from Disney like one of the princesses, Stitch, Disney princes, or etc. Going to Disney world when you were a kids probably was the best day ever!

Some people say when you grown up, it is time to grow up and let those childish things go. As when you are an adult, it is time to be serious and focus on more reasonability. Especially when you are a college student, you are in a different environment with lots of freedom and access to more of the adult lifestyle like going out to clubs, drinking, dating, and etc. If you are still watching Disney other people might see as a baby or a kid who hasn't grown up. They may think you are weird or strange because you watched the "Frozen" movie and know all the words to the song "Let It Go".

That is true but that doesn't mean we have to let go of some of that made our childhood. Just cause we are adults doesn't mean that the magic has to disappear. What is wrong with having a little magic or a little joy in our more mature lives? NOTHING THAT'S WHAT!

There is no age for Disney, it is universal. You can be as young as a toddle to when you are a granny. Now that we are older, the meaning of Disney movies change. In the movie, "Finding Nemo" there is Dory's famous quote: "Just keep swimming" meaning that no matter what life is throws at you, you just got to push forward and keep going even if things are hard and look bleak. Another quote is from the movie, "The Lion King": "Hakuna Matata, it means no worries" being a college student sometimes we need to hear that because it can be stressful.

My favorite lesson that I learn from Disney is from the movie "Beauty and the Beast" where Belle falls in love with the Beast despite his appearance, she focused on his inner beauty. That is such a beautiful lesson, because inner beauty is more beautiful then outer beauty. Looks may fade away but a beautiful heart will never die.

Beside Disney teaching many life lessons, it is also such a positive thing to have in your life. The world is crazy and can be really dark, sometimes we all need a break from the sadness that surrounds the world. What better why to do that then to watch a Disney movie that I guarantee is going to make you smile even if it is for a little bit. Plus singing those catchy songs help make things better.

So for those of reading this, you are the lucky ones who have Disney running though your veins. Who is a child at heart and still keeps the magic in their lives while still being an adult.

Never lose that magic in your heart!

Show your Disney obsession with pride!