Love Letter To Emotional Girls

Hey Boys, The Strongest Girls Are The Ones Who Show Their Feelings So Shut Up And Let Us Cry

Ladies, we've all been down that emotional rollercoaster.

333
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gvU14DExlA

To all my super sometimes randomly, sometimes unnecessarily, emotional girls, I'm here to tell you that you're not alone. In the past few years, my emotional stability has been a bit of a roller coaster ride. Some days I'll cry at the drop of a dime; others, not even the saddest of Nicholas Sparks movies will make me shed a tear (and I know "The Notebook" gets the credit for saddest Nicholas Sparks book/movie, but trust me, two seconds into "A Walk to Remember" and your waterworks will be flowing).

Throughout most of high school, I was usually the person who cried at the small things, though that's not necessarily a bad thing at all. I cried at cute songs, sad songs, angsty-teen-relatable-songs — basically all music was a trigger. I distinctly remember watching the "Teen Wolf" episode where Allison dies and losing it for way longer than necessary. And I'm not really sure what happened but during the past year or so I've just really lost that part of me, until recently.

Most likely due to severe lack of sleep, I'm back to that drop of a dime stability level. It's gotten to the point where I'm just singing along to a song one moment and bursting into tears the next. So, of course, when Ed Sheeran's "Castle on a Hill" came on at work yesterday, I started sobbing like a family member had passed away. Not the most convenient thing to happen in the middle of your shift.

Now that I've returned to the super emotional side of myself, I thought I'd write a little love letter to all the other emotional girls out there.

I know that we get sh*t sometimes because we're seen as too sensitive or too "girly." From a guy's perspective, we're the crazy girls their friends warn them about. Our own friends are cautious around us because they think any little thing could trigger us to burst into tears (which while annoying, isn't entirely wrong). But the reality is that we're just super in touch with ourselves and our emotions. We have actual feelings! *Gasp* Who knew?

I don't ever want to feel bad or feel like I'm wrong for having such strong emotions. And I certainly don't want others to bash on emotional people for being themselves. I'm not entirely sure what makes some people more emotional than others. Maybe some of us were just born as perfectly sound human beings who cry only when appropriate or never at all. Meanwhile, the rest of us are basket cases and ticking time bombs ready to go off at any moment. Maybe it's all related to our environment and how we grew up. Who knows?

All I do know is that regardless of the type of person you are, you should be happy and free to live your life with whatever emotions you'd like. Maybe we should even be encouraging others to become more in touch with their emotional sides. I certainly know a few people who could stand to benefit from a good crying session or two. At the end of the day, I just want all my emotional girls out there to know that you're not alone, and I encourage you to keep those tears flowing until your heart's content (and someone please tell me they cried at "Now You See Me" just as much as I did so I don't feel so weird about it).