How To Get Out Of Your Comfort Zone

The Phrase 'Your Life Begins At The End Of Your Comfort Zone' Has Never Been More True

Taking the leap is only the beginning.

125
https://unsplash.com/photos/nGwhwpzLGnU

The summer is coming to an end and although I don't want to make one of those sappy "end of summer" posts, I do want to reflect on what I've been doing with my time these past couple of months.

I left school in May not sure what my summer was going to look like. I didn't have an internship lined up. Nor a job of any kind really. I had no plans. I was completely free and although that freedom was exciting, I couldn't help feeling slightly bummed.

I wanted to feel accomplished.

I wanted to feel as if my time was being taken up by something other than sitting on my couch watching Kardashian reruns.

Most of all I wanted to do something to further my career.

A few days into my summer break I got an internship opportunity from a family friend. At first, I was apprehensive. The job was in an industry that I had never worked in before. I had no experience and therefore felt very anxious about what was waiting for me if I accepted.

But I did.

I took the job and I can now say that it was the best thing for me.

You see, new things are scary. However, if you're open and willing to learn, you can make the most out of it. I now am a bit more knowledgeable of a field that I would have otherwise never have known anything about. Not to mention I gained valuable life skills in the process.

I guess what I'm saying is don't knock it until you try it. Don't limit yourself to one thing just because you're scared about what else is out there. Remember that the best experiences are ones that you never expected in the first place.

It's hard but take the leap. You'll never know where you'll land. It could be life-changing.