I Am Learning To Let Go

I Am Learning To Let Go

And I am also learning that this is an important lifelong process.

55
I Am Learning To Let Go
https://www.pexels.com/photo/photo-of-person-s-hand-across-flying-hot-air-balloons-during-golden-hour-2893685/

Letting go of anything is challenging to do. Even when that thing needs to be let go of, it is still challenging. Why is it so difficult to let go of things that no longer serve us? It is probably because we fear change and discomfort and the element of the unknown is a breeding ground for these fears.

The process of letting go is an entirely new mountain to climb. First, just identifying that something is no longer bringing you joy, positivity, or purpose in life is intimidating. Yet, this first step is crucial in beginning to let go and move forward.

This capacious world that we live in is constantly in flux. Eventually, a hobby, passion, or person that we once loved so dearly may not bring about those same feelings of positivity. Yes, challenges are bound to arise, and no, this is not to say that as soon as something makes you feel bad then you should drop it. However, for your mental wellbeing, you need to be the judge of how certain aspects of your life are making you feel. You are the only one who can determine this.

While it is initially assumed that change is unfortunate, it actually has the amazing power to bring new factors into your life. Learning how to let go of certain people and things that are starting to emit more toxicity than positivity is frightening because you have been stuck in the toxic chains for so long, but ultimately very freeing. It is healthy for you to let go of people who are no longer bringing you some positive energy. It is also healthy for you to clear some space and remove physical things that no longer have a use. It is even healthier for you to let go of the ways you spend your time if it no longer fulfills you.

It feels very odd when you first let go of something. No matter how long you were holding on to it when you first let go, it is going to feel different because it IS different. Eventually, though, it is going to feel just right. You will grow accustomed to your new reality. The best part is that you can begin exploring the endless possibilities available in this world. By letting go of things that no longer serve a positive purpose in your life, you are making room for new opportunities to experience.

I know that letting go is difficult. Sometimes, it's messy and feels impossible. Sometimes, you have to put forth a different level of energy with a more open mindset in order to begin to let go. Sometimes, it's a prolonged process.

Yet, I am learning. I am learning how to let go and when to let go. And as of right now, what I do know is that letting go is a very important lifelong practice that is necessary so that I can make room for new phases of who I am.