Learn What is the Purpose of Life and How to Find It

LifeStyle

157

“What is the purpose of life?” is one of the most frequently asked and timeless questions in religion and philosophy.

“What is the purpose of life?” is one of the most frequently asked and timeless questions in religion and philosophy. Why are you on this planet? What is your goal? These are difficult questions. Hopefully, you will be able to discover answers to your questions on how to live a purpose-filled life by the end of this article.

Life, according to the dictionary, is the property that distinguishes a vital and functional human from a dead body. The distinction between living and non-living things is that living things utilize energy to grow physically and mentally. In summary, to live is to grow. Purpose on the other hand is defined as the reason for which something is done or created or for which something exists.

Let us return to the topic of "what is the purpose of life?" " This can be defined differently by each individual. According to a 2010 study by Hill et al., there are four categories of life purpose:

1. Prosocial: a tendency to help other people and change the way society works.
  2. Creative: having artistic goals and a tendency to stand out.
  3. Financial: the pursuit of financial well-being and administrative success.
  4. Personal recognition: the desire to be known and respected by one's coworkers, your personal identity as purpose in different aspects of life–spiritual and well-being.

Your life's meaning may also be influenced by your outlook. Your task is to figure out what drives you and why it matters.

How To Find the Purpose of Life

“The mystery of human existence lies not in just staying alive, but in finding something to live for.” - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

To feel that your life has meaning and that you are contributing in a way that matters to you is a great feeling. In order for you to find something, you have to ask the right questions and do the right actions. Here are some helpful steps which you can follow to find the purpose of life:

1. Begin by considering who you are and who you want to become. You can explore
  2. Ask yourself these questions:
    • What problems do you really want to be solved?
    • What types of activities excite you?
    • What are the things, people, or projects that you are willing to sacrifice for?
    • Who do you want to help?
  3. Define your primary objectives. Try to set goals and habits like reading spiritual books, self-help books, or habit building books that benefit the greater good rather than just yourself.
  4. Explore your best qualities and the ways in which you might use them to achieve your objectives.
  5. Contemplate the influence you'd like to leave on the world.

If you follow these procedures and ask yourself these questions, you will likely start to gain some insight into the purpose of life.

What Life Purpose Feels Like

“If you don't know who you truly are, you'll never know what you really want.” - Roy T. Bennett

Discovering your life's purpose is the same as finding who you really are. If you know for certain where you are supposed to be, doing what you were born to accomplish, then nothing or no one can stop you. Suddenly, the opinions of others no longer matter because you know who you are and what you are meant to be.

Pursuing your life's purpose can be scary. You might find yourself starting again from scratch or taking this journey alone with a lot of negativity bombarding you along the way. However, do not lose hope. The obstacles that you might be facing will make your life all the more meaningful. At the end of the day, what matters most is not the destination but the journey.

What is Your Life Purpose

Finding one's life's purpose is one of the great mysteries of existence. However, there is no one-size-fits-all solution. You can try asking other experts and reading about it. But, in the end, no one can truly determine the purpose of life for you. It's something you have to find for yourself.