The Last Few Days of Sophomore Year
Dating

​The Last Few Days Of Sophomore Year

Bitter-sweet? Yea. Ready for summer? Absolutely.

315
​The Last Few Days Of Sophomore Year
Jonathan Borba

I was exhausted. We all were exhausted. But we were close to being finished with our Sophomore year—one somewhat more exhausting than the year prior. Due to this, we pushed through with the knowledge that this chapter would come to a close very soon.

Fast forward to a few days ago, the last day of my Sophomore year at Syracuse University. I consider my last day to be the day my last final was due, so although many of my friends were home, my other friend in fashion design and I were still exhausted as our last final was due on the Friday of finals week. I love fashion design, but oh my, it is exhausting.

I may have discussed this in a previous article but I hadn't had a nights sleep in eight straight days, alongside one of my friends who also chose to design a collection with multiple patterns. In fashion design, often times the more patterns you have equates to more time spent on your collection, and this was definitely the case. We spent our lives for that period taking hour long naps at The Warehouse or running home to try and squeeze in two hours of sleep before going directly back to The Warehouse to finish our collections. The most difficult part was the 18 credits I took this semester, adding to the assignments that needed to be completed during this period.

Besides the point that I was exhausted throughout the Sophomore year and especially throughout the end of it, I made it through—and I am beyond relieved to be done. My design collection, throughout the crazy eight-day journey, came out exactly as I envisioned it to, and with that, I am content.

Cheers to Sophomore year being completed, and here's to two more years at Syracuse University and for all, that's left to come!