5 Reasons Why Lana Del Rey Is The Greatest Artist Of Our Generation

Lana Del Rey is a genius way ahead of her time.

335
Google

Elizabeth Woolridge Grant, this one is for you.

As a girl, a woman and forever a human being, I have always admired your eloquence, satire and realistic understanding of humanity.

I await your new album with high anticipation and in the end, I know that it won't disappoint.

But it will go over people's heads.

If you haven't listened to her before, or have and have dismissed her artistry for any reason then I am here to tell you why you should re-evaluate that decision.

Reason #1:

The entire Born To Die album.

Reason #2:

Her Tropico short film which features songs from her Paradise EP.

Reason #3:

Any of her music videos. Literally any of them. (National Anthem, Ride, and High By The Beach are some of the greatest)

Reason #4:

Ultraviolence makes your depression a little less unbearable.

Reason #5:

Her new music, specifically my favorite so far Coachella - Woodstock In My Mind.

Do one or all. It will seriously change your life. It did for mine.