Kumbrabow State Park
Travel

3 Reasons Kumbrabow State Forest Is The Most Magical Place On Earth

It's not Disney World, but it's close.

158
Mikala Mays

I have been to some pretty beautiful places in my life: Colorado, Wyoming, and North Carolina. They are all some gorgeous places, but none of them compare to Kumbrabow State Forest in wild and wonderful West Virginia. It's this cute little state forest in the middle of nowhere.

You're living a country life

There is no running water at Kumbrabow, other than the creek that is running down into the waterfall, so you use an outhouse. There is no electricity, other than what's run by gas. There is no cell phone service (unless you're lucky). You have to drive about 20 minutes to get any form of service to the outside world.

It is GORGEOUS

The scenery there is seriously stunning. You drive up a gorgeous mountain, then down the other side into the campground. Once you get into the campground, it's six of the most amazingly built cabins you've ever seen. All the cabins have their own outhouse, firepit, and gorgeous porch to seal the deal of the ideal vacation. But that isn't even the best part! If you follow the flowing creek down, you will end up at a waterhole... And at this waterhole is a fantastic waterfall. It is honestly a sight off of a postcard. Breathtaking.

The waterfall

As if saying waterfall doesn't make this place sound gorgeous enough, I'll go into a little more detail. This waterfall flows into a nice, open watering hole that is filled with what is probably the coldest water you will ever encounter—but totally worth it. It is surrounded by trees, beautiful flowers, and interesting rocks. There is a tree placed just right over the watering hole where you can climb up and jump right on in. There is a rock right beside the waterfall that is the perfect place to jump in. It is shallow enough walk all the way around to the other side.

This is the most breathtaking place you will ever see and is honestly the most magical place on Earth.