Kim Kardashian Taught Me It's Okay To Change Your Major

Kim Kardashian Studying To Be A Lawyer Taught Me That It’s Never Too Late To Change Your Career

Don't worry stressed-out college students, sometimes you don't find your calling until later in life.

84

If you haven't already heard the news, Kim Kardashian is studying to take the bar exam and eventually become a lawyer. After helping an inmate gain clemency, she found she had a passion for law and giving people a second chance.

While her announcement has lead to both backlash and praises of support for her, she doesn't seem to let the negativity get to her and is doing all she can to achieve that dream.

While I don't watch Keeping Up With the Kardashians or bother "Keeping Up" with them, I have to say that her going back and studying to be someone to help change lives is inspiring and shows you are truly never too old to go back to school or to change your career path.

When entering college, it is often expected for us all to choose our major right away and follow that path to the graduation finish line. Students stress out all year with each test and question whether the major is for them or if there is something better for them out there.

We stress about our "calling" and whether or not being a nurse or a graphic designer is for us. We worry that we are taking the easy way out or that we are jumping off of a ledge. Some switch majors as a junior in college while some graduate with a degree they don't even care for. Some choose their careers based on what their parents want or what is deemed "normal." All the while, the college campus is filled with uncertainty and stress and we question whether or not we are making the "right" choice.

There seems to be a stigma that you have to walk that straight line from high school to college to a job. However, things aren't that black and white and there is no "right way" to go through life.

Things are different in this day and age though and new job opportunities and career moves are opening up for everyone. Who would have thought that you could make a living from posting a picture on Instagram? I don't think anyone could have imagined all these small businesses popping up and people doing what they love.

If you find that you don't like what you are doing at the moment or finally find your true passion later in life, there is nothing stopping you from pursuing it except for yourself. My mom got a business degree in fashion and merchandising when she was younger and three kids later, she realized she enjoyed teaching better. She went back to school and got her teaching degree and has been teaching for five years.

You hear countless stories of people unsure about their degree, not feeling called to college, or in a slump. They feel like they are stuck on the one path they decided on when they were eighteen. But we all change and grow; we won't be the same people we are now at age thirty.

Now you have Kim Kardashian, a reality TV star who is a mother, wife, almost 40, who wants to go back to school to be a lawyer and help others. She is a good example for others that it is never too late to go back to school. No matter who you are, how old you may be, or what you might want to do, it is never too late. Ever.

So for all you college graduates, high school graduates, and confused college students, it's okay to not know what you really want to do. It's okay to be scared and unsure of everything. You're still young and aren't expected to have your whole life together.

Sometimes we find our calling right away, after a few years in college, or midway through life. Everyone is different and our experiences in life change us and mold us into who we are. Sometimes, those experiences can inspire your next step in life. Like Kim Kardashian, helping a person made her realize her love for law. You never know what is just around the bend.