A Dancer's Response To Kendall Jenner’s Ballet Photo Shoot

Brush off the haters, Kendall,

47
White Sands Photography

If you have kept up with the tabloids recently, you probably have come across pictures of Kendall Jenner attempting to do ballet. As a dancer myself, I have to agree that the dance portrayed in these photos was horrendous. However, to be fair, she is a model not a dancer—but seriously, does she really not understand the concept of turning out?

This poses an interesting question of whether or not Kendall was the right model for the job. I think the entire dance community is about to hate me right now, but yes, she was. I have always been a huge "America’s Next Top Model" fan and Tyra Banks, the ultimate supermodel herself, has explained that you do not need to be what you are modeling. Do you think every model in an ad or photo knows exactly what they are doing?

Does this model really know what it is like to be a vampire?

Or does this model know what it is like to be a bird? It could theoretically be an insulting photo to birds because no birds truly look like that.

Or does this redheaded fair skinned model know what it is like to be a mix of Malagasy and Japanese races? I'm sure this photo shoot gained some negative controversy.

Does this model know what it's really like to be the deadly sin of gluttony?

I think that while the photo definitely could have been executed better, Kendall Jenner portrayed the concept of dance, which is what she was getting paid for. She's not a world-class dancer and no one should expect that from her.

But next time, try to learn maybe one or two things about dance. Just a suggestion.