How to Keep Communication Strong

How to Keep Communication Strong

Good Friends are Forever

13
How to Keep Communication Strong
David M. Bennett

We are in that point in life where we are separated from some of our closest, childhood friends. Whether it's because someone moved out of state, different colleges, or even a new job. Being in the most difficult and confusing points in our live we must keep contact with the people that mean most to us.

This article is going to teach you 5 steps to keeping communication with significant people:

Go out of your way: No, you shouldn't be the only one trying to keep communication with the other person but it doesn't hurt to try. Yes, we all think we are annoying someone but most of the time all of the bad thoughts are inside of our head.

Calling is Better than Texting: Yes, text messages are extremely convenient but no one really gets their point across with a message including 5-6 words. If you really miss someone, want to see someone or genuinely wanted to talk to them you should call. Text messages are quick responses not a place for full conversation.

Scheduling: Someone shouldn't have to physically schedule to talk to someone else but it takes less than 5 minutes out of your day to say "later tonight I'm going to call my best friend". Scheduling a phone call is actually sufficient in the sense that you won't be busy with other things and that person has your undivided attention.

Stop Thinking People Hate You: Most of the time people fail at keeping communication because one might think the other doesn't want to communicate with them anymore. No one thinks of us as bad as we think of ourselves. Don't stop trying to keep contact with someone because you simply haven't actually tried to keep contact with them. Call your old friend, great grandma, or the cousin you only see 3 times a year...they might actually enjoy hearing from you.

Refreshed: It is very hard to keep a friendship going if it seems dull. Take time to set a lunch date or days in the park to talk for hours and realize how much you love being around this person. Keeping any relationship rejuvenated and new is tough but both people have to want it to work.

While there are more ways to keep in contact these are just too recommendations of how to keep a friendship going. We live in a world where social media has taken over and people dog their faces into their phones and might forget that sometimes people just want to have a simple, face-to-face conversation. Social media and texting is great but don't forget how to converse with people the old fashion way.