Kanye West Doesn't Care About Black People
Currently

Trust me, he doesn't.

456
Kanye West / Twitter

From the beginning, before his tweets about Donald Trump, Kanye West has been “that dude." After his debut mixtape in 2002, he became an instant star and a household name that would rule the music industry for the next 16 years.

His marriage with Kim Kardashian is hailed as one of the most loved couples in celebrity history and has led him astray from the music business to focus more on his family. Besides music, he dabbled in social issues such as mental health and racism, so it's no surprise when he returned with a fiery passion, ready to jump back into politics.

He took a dive.

Known for his eccentric personality, his return to social media was at first comical and insightful. His tweets were something out of a philosophy book:

But it stopped being funny when he revealed his political favoring, that is, to “Make America Great Again." He began spewing ideas that he loved Trump's spirit to be different from everyone else, and that he even got his own MAGA hat.

Stars like Rihanna and Kendrick Lamar immediately “unfollowed" the superstar and many on Twitter condemned him, while others like Chance The Rapper praised his ideas.

Coming from the man who said on live television that “George Bush doesn't care about black people" after the devastating Hurricane Katrina, it's disgusting to see he supports Donald Trump.

It's not about political parties or government bureaucracy. It's not about stars keeping their noses out of politics.

It's about the fact that Donald Trump is a racist, misogynistic, terrible excuse for a man that shifts blame to everyone around him like a spoiled brat.

He uses racial slurs to refer to minorities in power.

He makes fun of people who have disabilities.

He pays off strippers to have sex with him.

He's refused to let black people live in his buildings.

He doesn't even fully represent the Republican Party well, he flip-flops from ideology to ideology, changing his script to adapt to who will support him.

He refuses to acknowledge gun violence perpetrated on black people, instead focusing on which celebrity supports him and when his award show for fake news will be.

He refuses to condemn the support of the former head of the KKK, an organization based on the violent oppression of black people.

Trump brought to the surface millions of feelings white Americans should not be allowed to voice or feel. His campaign slogan is facially appealing, everyone wants to make America great right?

His idea of America involves a whitewashed society that further oppresses those who have been consistently and completely disenfranchised by white Americans. His idea of America is the one that does not even follow what America was built on: immigration and a combination of cultures coming together to make it what it is today.

If it has not been made clear by now, supporting Trump means you support the oppression of people of color and other minorities to serve your own agenda.

Furthermore, supporting Trump as an African-American means you go against everything your ancestors have fought for.

You support a bigot who does not care about you or your struggles, who uses you as an example to hide behind when faced with the truth about his racist intentions.

Yes, everyone can have their own opinion.

Yes, you can believe in independent thought.

But to support someone whose independent thought believes in the constant putting down of anyone different than themselves, insomuch that they would drive the country into the ground to serve their own agenda, is wrong.

Don't support Kanye.

Don't let his music excuse him from his ridiculous political ideas. Kanye doesn't care about black people, and a person that doesn't care about their own kind is a terrible thing.