Jesse McCartney's Still Got It

Jesse McCartney's Still Got It

He shines in his latest concert performance.

18
Jesse McCartney's Still Got It

Last Saturday night, after spending 3 hours in line with 2,199 other fans, my childhood dreams finally came true. I saw Jesse McCartney in concert!

“I’ve been touring at colleges for the past 2 years because my most loyal fans are in college.”

Jesse performed classic songs like “Leavin’”, “She’s No You”, “How Do You Sleep?”, and “Beautiful Soul”, but he also performed some new music from his latest album, “In Technicolor”. He was very interactive with the crowd—throwing up the mic for us to shout out the lyrics. Seeing his fans having the time of their lives made him smile so hard. He hasn’t aged one bit from 18 to 30. He is a natural performer with flawless vocal chords and a flashy smile. He does this little dance (when he throws the mic up for us to sing) where he nods his head with a smirky smile.

“What do you think this is? College?”

After running off stage to grab a water, he comes back and starts drinking. The audience starts chanting “CHUG! CHUG! CHUG!” He throws out that little dad joke line.

You can see all over his face that he not only loves us, but he loves what he does. Performing is his passion, and he turns it into something fun rather than something stressful. He loves his management, and co-workers. He was just so grateful.

“What? Did I forget something?”

Towards the end of the concert, he pretends it’s over without singing the song that made him famous, “Beautiful Soul”. He comes back and starts singing and every voice in the auditorium was at volume max.

Jesse McCartney was one of the best concerts I’ve ever been to, and I would 10/10 recommend it to anyone and everyone.

McCartney’s still got it!!

Here are some tweets from myself and my best friend, during and after the concert:

@kallie_alexis: “THIRD ROW AT JESSE MCCARTNEY (emojis)”

@kallie_alexis: “SPOT THE KALLIE! OMG BEST NIGHT EVER!!! (emojis) @ Harding University”

@kallie_alexis: “I’m in love with this night…”

@kallie_alexis: “JESSE MCCARTNEY WAS AMAZING!!!”

@kallie_alexis: “I’M CRYING @ Harding University”

@jordyn_hensley: “Hearing Beautiful Soul live is something else. (emoji)”

@jordyn_hensley: “I have waited 12 years for this. My 6 year old dreams came true last night.”

@kallie_alexis: “I’d rather be at the Jesse McCartney concert right now”

@kallie_alexis: “lol I think my 6 year old self has intertwined with my 19 year old self… I’m fangirling over In Technicolor”