My First Ipsy Box Review

My First Ipsy Box Review

Best $10 spent EVER.

87
My First Ipsy Box Review
Ipsy YouTube

Recently I've decided to become a beauty blogger, so testing makeup and writing reviews on the products I try out are definitely a necessity for that position. I didn't really know where to start, so I simply did a little research and fell upon a website called Ipsy.

Ipsy is a company that sends you a bag of high end makeup samples for only $10 a month. The coolest part about Ipsy is the fact that they choose beauty products they think you will like based off of a survey you take when you subscribe. You tell them your favorite eye shadow colors, what skin type you have, what scents you like, what brands you admire the most, and so much more so they get an accurate selection of products you'd likely buy and use.

Another nifty little bonus that goes along with these beauty products is the bag they're sent in. All the products come in a cute little tote that you can reuse!

My December bag came in a traditional holiday red color that had a fun, furry texture. Ipsy sent me an eyeliner, eyeshadow, lip gloss, perfume, and hair cream. Let's just jump right into it, shall we? I'll begin this review with the lip gloss I received!

1) Tarte cosmetics tarteist™ glossy lip paint in wcw

For starters, I'm a HUGE fan of Tarte cosmetics. Especially their lip gloss. So when I found out I got this little guy in my bag, I almost lost it. The lip gloss goes on pretty dark, but DON'T WORRY. It lightens up after wearing it for a while. You may have to blot a couple times too and it can be a bit tacky, but it will look better the longer you wear it. It's also made to last through cocktail hour (which I promise you I don't do because that's #unbethical) but the point is that it lasts a LONG FREAKING TIME. Not only does it last all day long, but it soothes and nourishes your lips! So it's a win-win situation. You can wear it forever AND it moisturizes your lips which is something we all need this time of year.

2) Aurora intensely black eyeliner in Blackberry

Now, I swear by Stila's intensely black waterproof eyeliner...but this stuff is almost better than it. I said ALMOST. Both are extremely similar, but Aurora's pen tip is stiffer while Stila's is more flexible. The Aurora liquid eyeliner is in a pen form, and, to me, this helps with accuracy because it's easier hold for drawing cat eyes. Also, it's very pigmented and doesn't smudge. I have yet to test how waterproof it is, but from what I can tell it looks like it isn't going anywhere! Personally, I like Stila's brush tip better because it gives a little and it makes the stroke look more precise, but it all depends on your own preference! So if you like stiffer brushes, then this liquid eyeliner is the one for you!

3) NYX professional prismatic shadow in the shade Bedroom Eyes

I'm not completely familiar with the NYX brand, but I do own their HD finishing powder which works WONDERS. So when I saw this in my Ipsy bag, I was pleasantly surprised. I'm a big fan of bronzy, shimmery browns because they look really good on blondes. Though, some shimmer shadows can run thin on pigmentation, so I was a little leery at first when I began applying it. Surprisingly, it's really opaque when you put it on! I use my fingers when I apply shimmery shadows because it packs it on better, so maybe that had to deal with how well the color showed on my lid. Overall, this shadow is now one of my favorites that I definitely plan on using in the future!

4) Briogeo Curl Charisma™ Rice Amino + Quinoa Frizz Control Gel

I have super corse, thick hair that naturally dries frizzy and wavy/curly. Kind of like "mermaid hair." Anything to tame this mane is going to be my immediate best friend, therefore receiving this frizz control gel made me super excited and I couldn't wait to try it out. This gel is richly packed with quinoa and rice amino which will help repair damaged hair (which I have a lot of as well). I only used this product once, and I put it on right after I hopped out of the shower. Though I dried it with my blow dryer and straightened it after the fact, I noticed while my hair was still damp that my naturally wavy/curly hair was curlier than usual. So my theory is that if I let it air dry and scrunch my wavy hair into curls, my hair won't be so frizzy and crazy! Rather it'll turn into that beachy look that's been trending so much lately. I don't plan on using too much of this during the winter because the air is already dry, so worrying about my hair getting frizzy because of the humidity isn't on the top of my priority list. This will definitely help during the summer though!

5) PINROSE Secret Genius Rollerball

I love perfume, but I can be extremely picky when it comes right down to it. It's either a scent sent from heaven above or a scent equivalent to bug spray or baby powder. I think how you smell says something about yourself. If you wear perfume that smells like a baby prostitute, then people are going to assume the worst. I don't want to smell too perfume-y, but I want to smell good, you know? I've never heard of PINROSE, but I was being open minded about trying a new brand I wasn't familiar with. This perfume has a mixture of sandalwood and cedar wood which are both known to have that subtle "sexy" style to it. When I first smelled this, I wasn't sure if I really liked it or not. I said word for word, "I don't know how I feel about this." But I decided to try it again, and I immediately fell in love. I've been wearing it every single day since I have it a second chance, and now I can't imagine wearing anything else!

Overall, I absolutely loved my Ipsy bag. I can't wait for my January bag to come and see what goodies they select for me next time! Best $10 spent EVER.

If you want to subscribe any get your $10 bag, click this link: https://www.ipsy.com