In Honor Of The Grammys, Here Are 20 Songs I've Had On Repeat Since 2021 Began

I know this may come as a huge surprise, but not every song on this list is Taylor Swift or country music!

170

The Grammys are on Sunday and they are by far my favorite music awards, usually because it's the one thing that I am usually up to date with. I have a lot riding on this one as Taylor Swift's "folklore" was nominated for six different Grammys, and I'm obviously bias and hope she sweeps. However, if this year has taught me anything, it's that there are so many talented musicians out there and that music is definitely subjective. This year I have become absolutely OBSESSED with music in a way that I never have before. After 2020 being the year of Taylor Swift for me, I decided to make it a goal of mine in the new year to start discovering and listening to new artists I had not known previously. I have absolutely no regrets about spending my entire free time of last year living, breathing, and dying for Taylor and spending the past years being completely obsessed with country music, but I am now ready to ~branch out~ and appreciate good music exactly for what it is. I have been heads first into my Spotify "Release Radar" and "Discover Weekly" on the hunt for any new (and even old) good music that I can find. I felt like I was so stuck in my bubble of music for the last few years that it's been super exciting to breakout of it and find some new things to listen to. And so far, I think I've been pretty successful.

Another thing that I've obsessed with doing is making playlists. Coming up with the fun names, photos, and the songs to go along with it is the perfect way to get my creativity flowing and literally just so much fun. I've been tracking my music progress via a playlist I entitled "the good shit i discovered in 2021." So I present to you, twenty songs that I have been blasting on repeat since 2021 began. Some of these have even come out in the last few weeks, while others are some old gems that I finally stumbled upon. Of course there is still Taylor and country music on this list, but there are also some new artists and genres that I'm really excited about. Make sure to check out these songs and let me know what you think!

1. "party favor" by Billie Ellish

I recently watched the Billie Ellish documentary and I'm glad to finally have seen what the hype is all about. Billie is so talented and her story is remarkable. I'm definitely on the road to becoming a stan, so everyone better watch out.

2. "Be Like That" by Kane Brown ft. Swae Lee & Khalid

This song is the perfect good vibes country song. I cannot wait to blast this one with the windows down when it comes summertime.

3. "ivy" by Taylor Swift

When I first heard this song when "evermore" came out, I knew it was going to be an all-time favorite of mine. This song has everything you ever could want from a Taylor song--beautiful storytelling, magical vocals, and a KILLER bridge.

4. "What Other People Say" by Sam Fischer and Demi Lovato

Nothing can send me quite like Demi Lovato's beautiful voice, and this duet was definitely no exception.

5. "Liability" by Lorde

Shoutout to Euphoria for bringing me this one. I'm not sure what took me so long to become a Lorde gal, but wow I am so thankful to finally be here. A tearjerker for sure.

6. "34+35" by Ariana Grande

If this song doesn't make you feel like a bad bitch every time it comes on, I'm not sure what will.

7. "Lie Lie Lie" by Joshua Bassett

I'm kind of ashamed about how much I like this song. #JusticeForOlivia

8. "I Want Crazy - Encore" by Hunter Hayes

This year I have also decided to go back to my country roots and it's seriously been the best thing ever. I'm so glad to have rediscovered hidden gems like this one that remind me why it's my favorite genre of music in the first place.

9. "Potential Breakup Song" (explicit) by Aly & AJ

This song was my entire childhood so you really have no idea what this one means to me now. The change from "stupid birthday" to "f***ing birthday" is an experience I cannot even put into words.

10. "Cry Over Boys" by Alexander 23

LITERAL CHILLS.

11. "Levitating" by Dua Lipa ft. DaBaby

I can't wait to jam to this bop in a club one day.

12. "Golden" by Harry Styles

I feel like becoming a Taylor fan means I also have to be a Harry fan too. Not mad about it though.

13. "Growing Up" by Thomas Rhett

Anytime Thomas Rhett comes out with new music you know it's going to be a good day.

14. "Holy" by Justin Bieber ft. Chance the Rapper

My 5th grade obsession for Justin Bieber has come out of retirement because of this song and this song only.

15. "Rollercoaster" by Bleachers

Jack Antonoff is one Taylor Swift's beloved producers, and is behind some of her greatest hits. I'm sad that it took me this long to discover all of his own amazing music, but of course we have no choice to stan.

16. "High Horse" by Kacey Musgraves

Also, lmk why it took me so long to become a Kacey stan.

17. "CHICKEN TENDIES" by Clinton Kane

Truly the power of TikTok.

18. "august" by Taylor Swift

In addition to "ivy," "august" has also climbed the rankings into my top ten Taylor songs of all time. This song and I have also become very acquainted in recent months because I am currently writing a story for my Creative Writing class based on this song. Only I could turn a Taylor Swift song into a full-fledged novel but I wouldn't have it any other way.

19. "Leave The Door Open" by Bruno Mars and Anderson .Paak of "Silk Sonic"

It's about damn time for Bruno to finally come out with some new music. I literally love him so much and it was no surprise I would be totally into his newest single.

20. "driver's license" by Olivia Rodrigo

And of course this list wouldn't be complete without this one. "driver's license" is by far the song of 2021, and I am so glad that Olivia Rodrigo is getting the hype and respect she deserves and I cannot wait for HSMTMTS season two. Also, you can 10000% tell that she is a Swiftie and I can't wait to see what else she comes out with.

I hope this list gave you some new ideas of some good music to add to your playlists. Feel free to follow me on Spotify to check out my playlists and to see what else I'm listening to!