In Defense of Order: 1886

In Defense of Order: 1886

It isn't that bad of a game.

26
In Defense of Order: 1886
https://media.playstation.com/is/image/SCEA/the-order-1886-listing-thumb-ps4-us-09un14?$Icon$

Back in 2015, a video game called Order: 1886 was released for the Playstation 4. It followed a man named Agent Galahad who worked with a Knighted Order to rid Alternate History London of supernatural creatures such as Werewolves and Vampires, as well as quell an ever present rebellion from the masses. The game saw host to different technological weapons as well as appearances from various folklore such as Galahad, the Knights Templar and an appearance from Nikola Tesla. It wasn't received very well.

The biggest complaint most people had for the game was that "It was too much like a movie." In honesty, the game was lacking in actual content. The game was split into several "chapters" and some chapters were action packed while some were exposition packed. In fact I can remember two different Chapters that from start to finish were just cutscenes. My defense for all this? At least I can remember it.

My defense of Order: 1886 comes from the deluge of open world games of recent. So many games that I have played recently such as Metal Gear Solid V and Watch_Dogs where the emphasis was on the open world gameplay and multitude of side missions. Now I loved Metal Gear Solid V to death, but I can't tell you the plot of it. I can tell you about certain set piece moments of the game, but I can't discern the plot for the most part. Order: 1886 I can remember the plot and can actually still see some scenes playing out in my head. I grow tired of many games recently forfeiting story for open world gameplay or mutliplayer only experience like Metal Gear Solid V or Overwatch. While I love those two games, the lack of a story leaves me wanting for more and Order: 1886 delivers.