I'm A Senior, And I Don't Have Senioritis. Here's Why.

I am no longer rushing things. I am taking each day at a time, and graduation will come when it's time!

141
Pics 4 World

I'm a senior in college - I have 15 hours to take in the fall, and only 12 to take in the spring. I'm so close to graduation I can almost touch my graduation cap with my fingers. I have to apply for a spring 2017 graduation before September 15 if I don't want to pay the late fee. I also plan on applying to graduate school shortly afterwards - I spent my summer preparing for the Graduate Record Examination. As much as I am ready to be done with my undergraduate career and move on to the next chapter of my life, I don't have senioritis, at least not yet.

Here's why: College has been such a fun experience for me and I am not necessarily ready for it to be over.

My freshman year was a time of experimentation for me as I figured out who I was. Of course, I went out all the time (promptly gaining weight from it) ready to meet new but like-minded people. I dated on and off. I made many mistakes all along the way, and I had my heart broken numerous times. I struggled with my two math classes, desperate to get them out of the way. But I fell in love with Southeastern Louisiana University, and I started looking forward to going to my classes to see my friends. After my rough transitional period, once I was officially settled in, I began to think of college as less of an educational institution and more as my new home. It was about this same time that I started dating my current boyfriend, the man whom I consider my Mr. Right.

At the beginning of my junior year, I got hired on as an undergraduate writing consultant at my university's Writing Center. It was there where I further improved my professional skills while also improving my own writing as I assisted my peers. My place of employment provides a safe haven for me, a place where I feel valued, important, and fulfilled. It was another situation where I looked forward to my commutes to Hammond, but this time it was for work in addition to going to class.

College has been an absolute blast for me, and everyday I continue to grow as a person. My graduation is quickly approaching, and I am excited to finally hold my bachelor's degree in my hand - but I am no longer rushing it. I don't wake up wishing it was the next day in the week. Instead, I am enjoying the ride and taking each day at a time. Graduation will come when it's time!