It's Not The End Of The World: Famous People Who Inspired Me To Not Give Up

"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."

29

There are so many intelligent people in the world who will be pushed aside because of their grade point average. Their future will solely be determined by how they did in high school, how they did in college. And if you're like me, and school has always been a difficult obstacle to overcome, then you probably know where I'm going with this. Intelligence shouldn't be defined by how many perfect tests you have, being class president or knowing literally everything. Just because someone is a walking calculator, a human dictionary or get's straight A's without even trying, doesn't mean that the person on the other end of the spectrum is stupid. And you know what I think? I think there are various types of "smart." But in our world, we are still stuck in this black and white situation, where we see only "intelligent" and "ignorant," or just straight up stupid. We have to get out of that mindset, before it's too late, before we lose anymore people who obtain such potential even when they struggle. They may not get perfect grades, and it might take them longer to grasp something, but that does not mean they are an idiot who isn't worth accomplishing anything in this world. Let's take a look at some of the most successful people who failed out of school or didn't even go to college.

These following people taught me that it takes more than just a letter grade to succeed in life. They proved that it's not the end of the world if you drop out of school, or don't decide to go to college. There is more to life than succeeding in a "traditional" sense. I'm not condoning people to just "give up," but I'm saying that it's possible to redeem yourself after tripping up, and when life gets a little bit more difficult for you than for others, you must create your own strategies and find a way to succeed for you. I believe in redemption and coming back and showing the world that creativity, imagination, determination and having infinite ambition can go a long way, education or not.

1. Princess Diana dropped out of high school when she was 16. She became royalty later on and inspired those around the world and became one of the brightest role models.

2. Thomas Edison struggled in school, resulting in a late start followed by a mental illness. His teachers even called him "addled." But lo and behold, he became one of the most productive and famous inventor of all time, creating the light bulb, phonograph and motion picture camera.

3. Benjamin Franklin dropped out of school at age 10. Age 10! Later on though, he became a successful politician, diplomat, author, printer, publisher, founding father and even the co-signer of the Declaration of Independence.

4. Bill Gates dropped out of Harvard during his junior year. Later on, he redeemed himself by creating Microsoft.

5. One of my absolute favorites, Albert Einstein, dropped out of high school at 15-years-old. Deciding to continue his education a year later, Einstein took the entrance exam to the prestigious Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, but failed. He went on in life and became a Nobel Prize-winning physicist.

7. Elton John dropped out of high school when he was 16, and instead, decided to pursue his passion with music and became a weekend pianist at a local pub. Elton eventually became extremely famous, and went on tour with other stars such as Patti LaBelle and the Bluebelles.

8. World wide known magician Harry Houdini dropped out of school at age 12. Later in his life, he became one of the worlds most famous magicians.

10. Even though J.K. Rowling did go to school and to college, she is stilldefinitely one of the most inspirational people to me, personally, because she went through hell and back just to achieve her dream -- to be a writer. Rowling saw herself as a failure at one point in her life. She was jobless, divorced, penniless and with a child.

These individuals are true inspirations.

They continue to help me believe that if I strive for my dreams and overcome all obstacles, anything is possible.