How Two Girls From Colorado Feel Living In NYC

From mountains to skyscrapers

174
authors photo

I feel like I identify as a Colorado girl in a New York City world, yes a customer called me a Colorado girl the other day and it may or may not of creeped me out- but yes I AM COLORADO HEAR ME ROAR.

Anyway, meeting up with another friend from Colorado and here's our shared experience of being from Colorado in New York City

1. A yard

As she said It 'I just want a yard, what happened to yards?" Aha, it was a good question. There are of course yards if farther off places, etc but a yard in your apartment in Manhattan or Brooklyn that close to the city? - Don't bet on it. "I just want a patch of grass to sit on" she also said, aha that one gets me.

2. Hiking

"I would like the option to hike" we agreed on. Both of us aren't avid hikers, in fact, I hated it when I was young. But wow, damn if it wasn't nice that we could just have the option to go and hike right outside side our door versus actually really driving somewhere.

3. Shopping somewhere else than Trader Joes

Oh, the days when I would just 'pick up a few things' from the grocery store on the way home. Those days are gone son, gone!

4. Showing CO pictures to EVERYONE

I thought this was just me, but we both agreed that whenever we hear the mention of 'Colorado' we instantly engage ourselves. Colorado yes? What about It? Want to see some pictures? IT's BEAUTIFUL. I even was spending too long finding pictures so I made this beautiful one as my wallpaper to catch anyone and show them that beauty. I mean, I need to probably chill.

5. Realizing we need to chill

"You know, we actually need to stop doing that", she said. "We can't have everyone move to Colorado, it's like a little secret." Agreed. Another thing I miss and liked about Colorado was how NOT CROWDED it was. Go to a hike, yeah there's people. Yeah and it's growing- but you know what will shock you in terms of people? Walking in Central Park on the first nice day of the year. Holy moly, that was a bunch of people- way more I've ever seen on the trails.