Beat the quarantine blues!

Beat the quarantine blues!

These five ideas will not only give you something to do but, you might just find your new favorite hobby!

19
Beat the quarantine blues!

Everyone and their brother is bored right now, or at least should be! During my time already in quarantine I've come up with a small list of things that are easy, fun and generally don't require any special tools. Remember the point of these is to chill out and find a new way to enjoy some down time. So without further ado, lets get started!

Turn your stock pile of plastic bags into yarn!

Starting off the list with one that's a little more time consuming that everyone might not be into. I, myself, am a little bit of a nature freak and I like to lessen my plastic footprint as much as possible. There are SO many tutorials online of how to do this properly, not to mention the countless things you can turn it into! Currently, I'm turning my stash of plastic yarn into reusable shopping and market bags. While staying home as much as possible is helping reduce smog, this is a way to keep reducing our plastic footprint all together!

Bleach dyeing old clothes.

Coming in at number two, we have one of my favorites. We all have a pile of old clothes that just don't spark joy anymore. This super simple method is a way to let yourself be artistic and maybe expand your wardrobe. Once again there are an abundance of tutorials online for this. Any bleach will do, some just have different methods to their madness.

Recycle those burnt out candles!

Some candles are better than others and some wicks are better than others. If you have candles you love that are gone or almost gone this is a great way to make your dollar go a little further. It's a super simple process and you can get as creative as you want with it! The first step is to put a pot of water on the stove, then put another smaller pot inside that one. Put your candle jars inside the smaller pot and let the water in the big pot melt the wax left over. After your wax is melted you can CAREFULLY pour it into an ice cube tray or any other device that can handle heat without cracking. Wait for them to harden up completely and you're set! These little melts also make great car fresheners when put in mason jars with holes popped in the lid, just make sure they don't fall over!

Make some scrunchies!

JENerationDIY is probably one of my favorite youtube accounts of all time. This video makes it so easy to turn old clothes or fabric into cute scrunchies for those messy buns you're living in. Let's face it, they made a comeback and we are here for it. They're cute and they don't make your head hurt after ten minutes of wearing them. For this one though you will either need a sewing machine, needle and thread or a hot glue gun.

Call someone that means a lot to you.

This might be a given but, a lot of times we forget the people that mean the most in times like this. Someone is missing you whether it be a grandparent, a cousin, an old friend, whoever it may be. We are really all in this together and everyone needs a listening ear right now. I'm sure you'll feel better after you hang up. Toxic family or friends are always left out from my posts, remember that. Surround yourself with love and light in this time.

I hope at least one idea in here will strike your fancy. Remember you're beautiful, you matter and we are all together.