Ian Somerhalder

Ian Somerhalder May Have Moved On From His Days Of Being A Vampire, But He's Still Slaying The Game

What many don't know however, is that this actor has so much more to offer than playing a pretty face.

165
https://www.facebook.com/iansomerhalderofficial/

Let's be real, you chose to read this article because Ian Somerhalder is a beautiful man. To many of you, Ian Somerhalder is the sexy actor who plays Damon Salvatore in "The Vampire Diaries" or Boone Carlyle in "Lost". What many don't know, however, is that this actor has so much more to offer than playing a pretty face who can act.

I was introduced to Ian Somerhalder through The Vampire Diaries. To me, he was the bad boy of the show who had a knack for doing his own thing when he wanted to. I fell in love with the character I saw and wanted to know more about the man behind the character.

If it weren't for an English paper I had to write, I never would have known anything more. I was told to choose a celebrity and contrast their real-life personality to one of the characters they have portrayed. It didn't take me long to realize that Ian Somerhalder is nothing like his characters. It also didn't take me long to fall in love with the man either.

Some of you may have heard of the 'Ian Somerhalder Foundation', which is only part of what he is apart of. 'The Ian Somerhalder Foundation' was founded in November 2010. This foundation's mission is not only to promote the development of science but also to preserve our natural resources while also helping those in need of relief and benefit the community.

His foundation focuses on many different things. They focus on helping all creatures of the world, from habitat protection to animal sanctuaries. They focus on the environment, trying to find new ways to preserve our natural resources and keep the life that we have on earth. They focus on helping the youth find their voice and passion while also teaching them responsibility and compassion. You don't have to take my word for it, you can check it out yourself.

Ian has also supported many other foundations that help lead us to a better society. He has teamed up with many coworkers to raise money and awareness on various different topics. He is always posting on his social media about new ways he's helping the world whether he's selling merchandise or flying places with his wife Nikki Reed to help support and provide relief.

I could go on an on about all of the amazing things Ian Somerhalder has done and all of the amazing things he will continue to do, but that would make for a really long book. If you want to know more check out his foundation web page or go look at his social media accounts to see what he's been up to.

Instagram: @iansomerhalder

Twitter: @iansomerhalder

Facebook: @Ian Somerhalder