Staying Busy Makes Me Happy

Stop Telling Me I Need To Take Some Time For Me, Because Grinding Is My 'Me Time'

You need to do things today that your future self will thank you for.

246

I am busy.

"Busy" may even be my middle name.

I am controlled by my calendar, and without it, I'd go insane and forget about an appointment.

I always seem to have something going on, which makes me seem like I'm running around constantly.

I may be stressed 24/7, but if I'm being completely honest, my busy life is everything I need, and I wouldn't change it for the world.

There are so many people that see me doing everything under the sun and always ask me the question, "Why are you so busy?" Or my favorite, "You need to take some time for you for once!"

Although the concern is appreciated, here is the thing: I am busy because being busy makes me happy.

Sounds insane, but I truly enjoy having to grind every day. My mindset is that life is too short. There aren't enough hours in the day to do everything we need to, so why waste a second of it? You need to do things that your future self will thank you for. From working and saving money to getting involved as much as possible on campus, every second that ticks past should be used to benefit you and the life you want to lead.

Now don't get me wrong, there are many times where I've taken a moment for my mental health, physical health, and/or social life. We all need that. But I stay busy and will always stay busy because grinding each day makes me feel like the girl boss I am. Being a master at time-management makes me feel good. Being in control of my life and how I use each and every moment makes me feel good.

Being busy makes me feel strong, in-control, and happy.

Being busy makes me, me.