How To Decorate Your Living Space

9 Ways To Decorate Your Living Space

It's all about the knick knacks, baby.

1604
9 Ways To Decorate Your Living Space

One of life's simplest joys is making your living space comfortable. Not only does it make the space homey, but it also gives you a chance to express yourself as well as decorate with various things that make you happy! The only downside is how quickly things can get expensive, so it's important to remember that thrifting and hand-me-downs are your friends.

Whether you're decorating a bedroom, your entire apartment, a locker, your office cubicle, your car, your water bottle, your laptop, or your door frame, personalizing each of them has its benefits and will bring good memories each time you look at them.

1. Tapestries

cat tapestry

Got a big, empty space on your wall? A tapestry can cover that up with no problem, and there are a lot of different prints to choose from! In a pinch, a big scarf or folded piece of fabric works just as well.

2. Posters

They could be movie posters, video game posters, or simply just a picture of something you enjoy.

3. Personal photographs

Christina Hittel profile

One of the hardest things about living away from home is missing your friends and family. Hanging up pictures from some of your favorite memories together will be sure to alleviate any homesickness you may have.

4. Rugs

So you've got the walls covered (literally), but there's something missing. Have you tried turning your attention to the floor? Placing a rug with a prominent color from your other decorations will really tie the room together.

5. Stickers

Mario Gogh laptop stickers

One of my favorite things about being a college student is seeing how everyone decks out their laptops and water bottles. You've got the memes, quotes, references to interests, and sometimes just something that is aesthetically pleasing to the eye.

6. Knick knacks

Christina Hittel profile

Sure, you could put things on your desk like office supplies and a lamp, but think of the little things you could put around those things! Personally, I have things on my wall that remind me of the degree I'm working towards and cute figures on my desk of people I find inspirational.

8. Plants

house plants with mirror

Speaking of hobbies, plants are a great way to bring some color and fresh oxygen into your space while also giving you something to take care of if you can't afford a pet.

9. Take advantage of the holiday season

If you're feeling particularly festive, holiday decorations are a great way to get into the spirit of celebration!