How To BAN Wearing Make Up Over The Summer

While still maintaining your youthful beauty

4
Mikaela Alioto

Working at summer camp is a fun and beneficial way to spend your summer. Those who have had the pleasure of this experience will understand the busy schedule deeming make up application impractical. It is a whole other world when you're jumping in and out of the lake while chasing around campers. Your beauty routine; however, doesn't have to be eliminated- it can just undergo a very time-efficient adjustment.

The following are helpful products that replace the use of heavy pigments or powders while still enhancing your natural beauty:

1. Coconut Oil> Highlighters, mascara, eyebrow products, lipgloss

Everyone's favorite go-to product: You've already heard a million times over the benefits of this natural wonder. It can compensate as a highlighter, moisturizer, lash lengthener, and smooth over eyebrows/stray hairs- among it's many other uses.

2. Tinted/Regular Chapstick>Lipstick

A personal fav of mine; chapstick application is never frowned upon but encouraged! This particular color is both subtle and natural. I have also used small amounts as a blush/highlighter on my face. Plus, with the addition of menthol provides nice cooling sensation.

3. Radiance Peels to treat existing "damage"> Concealer

For those of you with previous sun-damage- having no cover up can feel intimidating. That's not to say sun kissed freckles aren't cute (very cute) but products containing Vitamin-C and Retinol fix the desire to cover anything up by eliminating sun spots and brightening your entire face. Stick to peels containing these chemical bad boys to actually see results.

4. Moisturizer that actually blocks sun damage> foundation

Moisturizer should still remain in your morning routine. You might even get away with using tinted (shhh!) but both regular and tinted moisturizers/sunscreens are not effective in blocking sun damage unless they contain Zinc Oxide. Zinc Oxide is the only chemical that fully blocks the broad spectrum of UVA/UVB rays, instead of just treating them upon absorption like an SPF.

5. The eyelash curler> Mascara, Eyeliner

Without adding the second step of applying mascara- continue curling your eyelashes. It quickly widens your eyes so you can atleast look awake when camp has you feeling exhausted.

6. Back up sun tan> Spray tanning, Skin Cancer

When we don't get the perfect tan line/ sunburn free bronzy glow, we can feel as if our genes have failed us. Sometimes it is okay to turn to the bottle (of sun tan, that is). This product in particular is as subtle as it gets, while barely taking any time out of your nightly (short) shower routine. You might be wary to try it, but It will look and feel surprisingly natural. Just take the compliments (what they don't know won't hurt them)!

As a seasoned veteran of summers by the lake, I'd like to think my trials and errors can be put to good use. Frankly I should adopt the simplistic regime all year round. After all, everyone looks 10x more beautiful the more natural they are:)