How It Feels To Lose Your Best Friend

How It Feels To Lose Your Best Friend

I have known her since 6th grade.

1299
How It Feels To Lose Your Best Friend

This is not one of those articles you are going to read about how we went out separate ways and we both love each other, this article is the truth on what it really feels like to lose your best friend.

This past year I lost my best friend of eight years. I do not know what happened or why we do not talk because she hasn’t ever gave me a reason. You know when a guy breaks up with you and doesn’t give you a reason and for months you sit and wonder what went wrong, what did you do wrong, yeah well that was me. I mean after eight years how do you just stop talking to someone? What could they possibly do that would make you shut them completely out of your life? I can’t answer that. You know why? Because I could never shut someone out of my life that I spent eight years of my life with.

So let me back this up a bit… Me and my best friend met in 6th grade. It was the first day to our first year of chorus and we got sat in alphabetical order. Her name also started with a C so we sat right next to each other. At the time she was very obnoxious and loud, definitely not the type of friend I would have picked out of a crowd. So back to the story, we introduced ourselves and talked a bit. At this time I had a boyfriend and every day he would walk me to chorus. and every day my friend would try to flirt with him. I would go home so furious with this person. (LOL right?) We never thought that only a few weeks later we would be best friends.

At the end of my eighth-grade year, I moved schools and she came with me. She moved in with me and from there we were not only best friends but we were sisters. We did everything together.

So… now you have a little back story.

Last year at this same time we stopped talking and we have not talked since. I do not know what happened and now I do not care but I will tell you this. Losing a friend will be the biggest heartbreak you ever have to experience. The thing about a best friend is they are pretty much with you 24/7, you love them without even realizing and they become your family. The hardest part is realizing they are not your family and can leave at any time. They do not have to stay and thats exactly what my friend realized. She did not have to stay anymore. She had grown up and was now a Freshman in college. She did not need me anymore. But, let me tell you, I needed her. For the past year I have needed her more times I can count on all hands and feet. I have needed my friend of eight years to call me and make sure I am alive, to tell me happy birthday. I know people drift apart but that does not mean it is not painful.

So yeah, thats what it feels like to lose your best friend of eight years.