What To Know To Finish The Semester Strong, Mostly Because You Want It To Be Over Already

Do whatever if going to be good for you and will be good for your mental health.

72
Instagram

At this point in the semester, everyone just wants it to be over. I know I am counting down the days until it is over and I don't have any more exams or assignments. I can't wait for summer and to relax. I know my professors are even counting down the days until they can relax and not have to worry about grades and assignments. Here is a list of tips that will help you get through the rest of the semester and finish strong.

Find where you work best. I know for me, it is the quiet reading room in the library. I need there to be people around me, but I need it to be quiet. Another place I like to study is the quiet study rooms in my building, for the same reasons. One of my friends likes to study under a tree. One of my friends needs there to be noise around them, so they will go to a student center and study there. I know people that can sit at their desk and study. I know of people who can study in bed, although I would fall asleep. Find where you work best and utilize it when you can.

Take a break once in a while. Go get something to eat. Go for a run. Go to the gym and workout. Watch a few shows on Netflix (check out my article on the best shows to binge on Netflix). Watch a movie. Go for a walk. See what's going on in the student centers or the hub on your campus. Get your nails done. Sit on the lawn or green or turf and people watch. It is good to take a break every once in a while, even if it just five minutes on your phone scrolling through social media.

Go out. I'm not saying go out every night while you have assignments and tests. But going out on a Friday or Saturday night one weekend is not going to kill you and it will be nice to not be staring at notes, computers, textbooks and what not.

Get sleep at night. Don't stay up studying until three a.m. every night if you have an early class the next day. Go to bed at a reasonable time. Your body and health will thank you later.

Study with friends. I know I am a person to get distracted very easily with people around me if I am not fully focussed on what I am doing. Sometimes just having one of my friends next to me can make the whole experience more enjoyable. To not get distracted with my friends right next to me I usually put my earbuds in my ears and ignore them, but having them there makes the experience more enjoyable.

Hang out with your friends. Take a break and do something with your friends. Even if you sit in their room and don't even look at each other, just being with each other is going to make it so much better.

Treat yourself. Do a face mask. Take a long hot shower. Take a long nap. Go shopping. Do whatever if going to be good for you and will be good for your mental health.