How Being a Morning Person Ruined My Life

No Coffee Required. Put your pitchforks down!

21

Oh whoa whoa, that's a rather extreme statement, huh?. But yes, being a happy noncaffeinated morning person has destroyed my life. Why? because of people like YOU who HATE mornings and life, and love coffee.

I don't do coffee. I don't, and I understand that is very hard to comprehend for some people but I really dislike the bitter taste of coffee. Sorry, does this revoke my hipster membership card? I have never been into drinking this so-called liquid gold beverage not even if it comes from the Himalayas or from Colombia, or form some eclectic backyard in Austin. I wake up, I drink water and boom! I am awake! No need for coffee to "feel awake". No grumpiness and "Don't talk to me until my cup of coffee" scenarios. Your memes don't resonate, they don't make sense to me and quite frankly make me wanna start a new "F caffeine dependency movement"

I guess this makes me a morning person. I love everything about the mornings. The soft and gentle sunlight, the dew on the grass, the expectation! The possibility of making a brand new day filled with new things to learn and do! I am full of energy in the mornings and ready to tackle the world.

Why do we lose that feeling when we become adults?

Oh, I HATE Mondays! (you say) The internet is filled with memes and grumpy cry baby grownups every single Monday morning.

Why do you all hate Mondays'? I love Mondays and you know what? that is OK, don't be a hater, don't hate me for loving Mondays'. Don't you point at me with your cup of Starbucks pumpkin spice latte and judge my lack of love for coffee. Chillax.

Monday mornings represent the start of a new week, and it means I can forget about all the screw-ups from the past - as in last week, yes that's in the past! - unless it has to do with my husband. Sorry honey, I remember what you did in 2005! What? I am a woman we remember everything you did wrong always and forever, it's just the way it is.

So I am a morning person and I enjoy mornings, and I do it without a single drop of coffee. Yes, I am bragging! But it's ok if you are not a morning person too and if you need coffee and I don't, it's fine. That is the beauty of humankind. We are all different and unique in our own way. SMILE! It's Monday!