The Horrifying Truth About Fraternity Parties

Sometimes you just have to see it to believe it.

4217
harrisonwilson / Flickr

Going into college, I decided to keep an open mind about Greek life. I didn't rush Freshman year, but I decided if I was still interested in sophomore year I'd rush, just for the heck of it.

Until then though, there was one huge part of Greek life that I could get involved in, fraternity parties. Where privileged white guys blare rap music and shout the N-word. If you were wondering what you've been missing out on, worry no more.

1. The guys treat the women like trash.

That's basically all you need to know.

If you're a girl who's still inclined to go after hearing that, then you probably need some elaboration...

At a frat party, you will see only members of that fraternity there. This is because they don't allow outside males to enter since that would drastically lower their chances of attracting any women who arrive at the party.

Unfortunately, because of this rule, the gorgeous women that do arrive at the party are stuck conversing with aggressive boys.

To make matters worse, let me emphasize just how pretty these women are. Most of them spent quite a while getting ready to have a night out, and expect a man to acknowledge that.

There's nothing wrong with this, except for the fact that all the guys there see all these gorgeous women as pickings... on a chicken farm. Basically, it's a free-for-all, so none of them are required to act like a gentleman.

The boys here also have some great tactics to succeed in convincing women that they're worth the time of day.

First, they turn the lights off completely. Making it nearly impossible to decipher who is who.

Then, they turn the music up to a ridiculous volume, making it impossible to hear one another. Which helps when they suck at making conversation.

Lastly, they roofie you. I'm not joking, I've had multiple friends experience this.

As a disclaimer, do not accept any drink they offer you. They probably taste terrible anyway.

Overall, my experience with frat parties is never one I look back on fondly. Every time I leave one I'm just a little more disgusted with humankind.

Now if you do take anything from this article, take this:

There are plenty of other ways to party and have a good time in college, don't rely on frat parties to be your source, you'll be disappointed.

Also, not all frat members are bad people, I'm sure these guys can be pleasant on a day to day basis. I'm specifically talking about their behavior at these parties, it's horrifying.

Hopefully, this helps as you tackle the ins and outs of college, but sometimes you just have to see it for yourself to believe it.

Just keep this article in mind when you do.