Let's End Hook-Up Culture

Let's End Hook-Up Culture

Can we fix this "feel-good" culture we live in?

14
Let's End Hook-Up Culture
Blogspot

Let me get something straight, I by no means think I am in any position to preach to others about when to say "No". However, I do know that I have learned a thing or two especially recently through my well...dumb decisions.

Being a teenager/adult in this day and age is oh so thrilling. Everyone is offended, angry or lying about something. I don't know about some of you but its personally my first year to vote and having to choose between Trump and Hilary just makes me want to crawl in a hole and not come out for four years. But a major flaw I see with my generation is the way we literally say yes the majority of the time when it comes to one night stands and hook-ups...that is unless you're Meghan Trainor.

Whatever happened to curiosity and butterflies? Now its "Oh hi my name is Sam wanna hook up?" and the scary part is the majority of women and men jump into bed on the first date than those who wait till a more appropriate time. No, this is only a small part of the problem. The main problem is most of my generation doesn't see it as a problem.

I foresee the majority of the next couple of generations to come will have some sort of sexual genetic disease because no one cares anymore about who they sleep with. I mean sure, they have to be attractive and know what they're doing but REALLY? AT LEAST let him or her buy you dinner first.

Don't get me wrong, I am a chill human being, I seriously don't judge other people for being free in their sexual relationships even despite my own personal beliefs. I just honestly wish my generation cared more about sex and what they're submitting there selves into with that other person.

I just really want to point out that this article is purely opinion on my part and I am in no way trying to tell anyone how to live there life or trying to say they are living life wrong. I simply want to know is it really so hard to make sex more important again?

I could start on a rant about how the media portrays sex as just a good time for one night with one person and how that's distorted our mentality and thought process when it comes to intimacy but really its being raised in a culture that praises doing whatever makes you feel good that makes the issue.

I personally believe and know from experience that too much of a good thing is really bad for you, so with that in mind, wouldn't living strictly by what just feels good in the moment cause for some pretty bad consequences at some point? If we all went by the logic of simply doing what felt good in the moment we would live in complete chaos.

To wrap up,

At the end of the day, you do you. I mean it's your life, your choices, and your consequences. My only tidbit id like for you to think about is, before you sleep with Ben make sure you make your bed. What I mean by that is, if you have ever heard the expression "you make your bed, you lie in it", It correlates to that, whenever you invite someone into your personal place, be sure you know what you're doing, and make sure you are prepared.

No matter who you are, you are worth more than just some crumpled up sheets.

XOXO