High School VS. College

High School VS. College

A comparison and contrast.

7828
High School VS. College
FlockU.com

High school and college have a lot of differences and similarities. Some of the differences between them can go from slightly different to majorly different. Most of their similarities and differences can be categorized.

Being a full time student can be difficult, but it is nice to know that when you graduate from high school, college is not that different in many aspects. Both high school and college take a good amount of effort. To be able to achieve good grades, both require concentration and ambition. Most people go into college thinking that it will be completely different, however, there are many things that make College just like high school. For example, there are still your average stereotypes. “Jocks” hang out with “jocks”, “nerds” still hang out with “nerds”, and “popular ones” still hang out with other “popular people”. Just like in high school, some work might seem hard like it did in high school, because one is learning something completely new. Most of these similarities are little, but at least they are similarities that might help one feel comfortable with the transition.

Although college has some similarities to high school, they both differ in many ways. In high school one might have a seven hour day with maybe eight subjects, however, in college one’s schedule is different on a daily basis. The average college student could have maybe five to seven classes a week but not all the classes are taken daily. In college, a student has more freedom to start making their own life decisions, whereas high school has more rules one needs to abide by. The grading system in college is different than in high school. High school gives out quarter grades, and college has semesters. Attending class is also a choice in college, where in high school, a teacher or parent was always making you attend. These are some of the differences between the two different types of schooling.

Since, high school and college still have some similarities, it may be easier for one to know the differences before they attend college after high school. Knowing the similarities and differences can help one become more comfortable with the change, and allow them to see what they are going into without going in blind to the differences.