Here's Why College Sports Are Far Superior To Professional Sports

The debate is over.

1

I'm sure there are people out there who are so intrigued by these NHL finals. And I'm sure there are loads of people out there who are obsessed with this NBA finals nonsense. And I'm sure there are people out there who only pretend to like those things to get attention and/or have something in common with that hot guy at the bar cheering for the Blackhawks.

And that's great for all of those people. Professional sports of any kind are alright, I suppose, but there's nothing that can top college sports.

You can pick a random professional team to cheer for and I'm sure you have incomparable pride for and allegiance to them, and I'm sure you feel like the team and the fans are your family. But I can assure you that there is absolutely nothing even close to attending a school with a sports team to which you are wholly devoted. There isn't anything remotely similar to feeling the vibrant environment of a campus, knowing the student body, interacting with the team itself, bleeding the colors and cheering the team on like it's your life's purpose.

There is no comparable emotion to winning an important game against your rival while you're surrounded by thousands of your closest friends who all are experiencing that exact same emotion and who are ready to go out and celebrate that victory with you. There is also no comparable emotion to losing an incredible, nerve-wracking game, walking away fighting tears, cursing the enemy and mourning the loss with those same thousands of friends who, instead of triumphantly joining together in celebration, will go back to their respective apartments to binge on Ben & Jerry's ice cream and Netflix in solitude.

There's nothing like seeing a fellow Tar Heel, Tiger, Gamecock or Blue Devil out in pubic and unashamedly striking up a conversation about when they attended the school or what the latest game was like. There's nothing like getting free tickets to amazing sports teams and sitting in the student section next to the mascot or the guy who painted his whole body in the the school's colors.

I'm sure it's cool to go to a Super Bowl or a Stanley Cup match or a World Series game, and I'm sure those teams are great to be fans of, but I can promise you that there is nothing that has ever or will ever top college sports.