How To Survive Finals Week

How To Survive Finals Week

a.k.a. "Hell Week"

2
How To Survive Finals Week
k60.kn3.net

1.) Drink lots of water

Water is important! It helps you focus and it will keep you up better than coffee or an energy drink.

2.) Be Organized!

This will help during finals week because you will have all the papers you need to study with in the same spot. If you aren't organized school-wise, start now or you'll regret it!

3.) Sleep

I know you will probably think you'll need to stay up all night studying but you do NOT! Sleeping is something you should do if you want to SURVIVE!

4.) Laugh

This one will be hard. If you are like me at all, you feel like there is no time for laughter because you have a study nonstop. When you feel like this, take a break and watch something funny for a bit to put you in a better mood.

5.) Have Fun

This morning I was really stressed because finals week is coming up and in the cafeteria they were playing the electric slide. So, I got up to dance. It made me laugh because everyone was looking at me and chuckling. Dancing for those couple of minutes and acting silly helped me not feel so stressed for the rest of the day. So, if you are feeling really stressed out, have fun!

6.) Workout

I know you all will hate me for this, but if you work out in the morning, it is better for you. Last semester, I worked out everyday in the morning before studying and it was the best thing I could've done. I was so focused throughout the day and was way more energized. So give it try!

7.) Eat actual Food

I know some people who are so busy studying that they forget to eat. Don't be one of those people! If you forget to eat, try to set a timer on your phone. Your body needs the proper nutrients to help you get through the day. Try eating lots of fruit because it is healthier and will help you not feel sleepy.

8.) Have "you" time

This is VERY important because you will be so stressed from studying. Take at least an end of the day break before you go to bed to check social media, watch your favorite TV show, or just lay in bed and do nothing. This is essential because this is what keeps you sane at the end of the day.

9.) Go Outside

Heading outside is important, all day you are locked away in the library, or where ever your study spot is, not in the sunlight or feeling the nice breeze. If you are studying on campus, make sure to go outside and get that Vitamin D! I am very blessed to have beautiful scenery on my campus so I will walk outside and sit on the grass for five minutes. Being outside clears my head and helps me relax and get focused for when it is time for me to study again.

10.) Confidence!

Hands down, this is the most important! Think about it... you put in all these hours of studying, working your butt off to get the best grade you can, and you need to have confidence in what you know. What is the point of working so hard if you are going to sit down for the test and doubt yourself?

Lastly, you can do this! Don't doubt yourself because you will rise, you have made it this far, don't give up now!!